Saturday, August 28, 2010

"I'm with Him." "NO! He's with me!" :)



My husband came home with this picture the other night. I can't tell you how I love it!

You see the lion?

And remember the scripture, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour" - 1 Pet 5:8?

And the wolf?

"I Am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I Am the Good Shepherd; I know My sheep and My sheep know Me - just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father—and I lay down My life for the sheep" - John 10:11-14.


Ah.... the lion may roar and seek to devour! And the wolf may come in hopes to attack! BUT, we have a Shepherd that looks after His sheep.... and He's stronger and mightier than any wolf or lion!

I love the sheep's confidence in the midst of them both, "I'm with Him" he says as he throws his finger to point to his Savior. I told  my kids we have a new gesture to make. Next time the enemy threatens to come we'll just gesture our thumb to look like we're pointing to our Shepherd! :)

"I'm with Him," right?

But really, no! It's He's "with" me (after the previous post). And hey, "He's with me" is even better than "I'm with Him"! :)))))

I love the I-am-with-you God.

1 comment: