Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm sorry.


Well, my day didn't go at all today as I had so selfishly planned it. Sacrificial living... dying to self... isn't an easy thing to do. My flesh so very much fights dying and strives to live! My head knowledge verses my heart's feelings... with the bad attitude of not being able to do what I'd so badly wanted to do; or rather, my bad attitude of doing what I didn't want to... so very much colored my mood.

Hmmm, how shall I put this? I tried... but I also could have acted a whole lot prettier. Does it count when you have an ugly attitude about it but do it anyway? Or did I totally waste the doing in vain?

Ugh! I hate when I get in this mood. I hate when I act this way. I should be hung by my toenails and flogged with a rope! I should have been made to stand in the corner.

Ugly doesn't look good on anybody.

So, my day didn't go as planned? Get over it. Make the best of it. Enjoy it anyway. Right?

Yeah, that's what I'm telling myself in hindsight.

Hmmm... at the humor of God. I was so glad once it was done. But, guess what? The thing that I did today IS NOT the thing that I thought I was going to. THAT thing is planned for Thursday. So... in other words, God is giving me a Do-Over. Another chance. Another time to see if I can get it right this time.

Yuck. I sure hope I'm nicer by then!

(Father, forgive me. Honestly, I have no excuse! I'm sorry. I know better. And I sure don't like me like that.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet Sharon! You pour grace to others from your very pores -- time to give some to yourself. Don't let the enemy get you down with this nonsense! YOU are a daughter of the KING of KINGS! You had a bad day. God gave you a do-over. Grace, Grace, God's Grace ~ Grace that is greater than all my sins...
    love you, Siesta!
    Tami from Cali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tami, thank you so much for singing to me ((*smile*))! You cannot know how much you made my heart smile! For the past several days and nights I've been thinking of the verses that talk about our God who gives us songs in the night (Job 35:10).... Or the one that says, "You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance" (Ps 32:7). Or the one found in Zeph 3:17 that tells us that He will quiet us with His love and that He rejoices over us with singing, that tells us He is WITH us, that He's mighty to save, and that He takes great delight in us.

    The picture of Him singing over us and Him quieting us with His love is such an incredible picture of our Father! How sweet to imagine it! God knew that when you wrote that the SONG to me that it'd hit the exact spot in my soul that would send it soaring. He knew what it'd do to my heart and the rejoicing that it'd bring!

    Thanks for your kind words. And you might be happy to know that I was "sweeter" today after my yesterday's ugly. :) It sure is a better feeling!

    May God bless you mightily this week!
    s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sharon - you're so sweet! Your comment reminded me that during the last two years of her life, my mom awoke nearly every morning singing a song. She mentioned it to me a few times, and I have recently found journals she wrote them in! When I'm ready to sort through it all, I will try to write about it. I'm sure God was singing over her as she slept; thanks for the reminder.
    Blessings on you!
    t

    ReplyDelete