Monday, August 9, 2010

Here's what's hard...


It's knowing that God can, believing He will, and then He doesn't that's so confusing and so hurts our feelings.

His ways are not our ways.... but He's always right, He always knows best, and His ways are always good.

I told God on Friday that I don't know many people that don't believe that He can, that don't think He's able to do the impossible. I told Him that it's not that people believe You can't, most people believe You can, Lord; it's just that most people don't believe that You will.

We're told that the faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains... and to be honest, the way I see it is that if you're praying, then you already have at least mustard-sized faith. And it's not like God measures the faith that you have and when you come short He says, "Oops. Can't do it. It doesn't measure up. It's not quite enough." All God really requires is the smallest of faith... not a certain measure.

I think we often get that mixed up. I feel too often that we think that if something didn't happen that we prayed for, that we blame ourselves for not having the 'enough' faith that it took.

Can I be bold a minute? Can I be rawfully honest?

It's verses like these that get me....

“What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” - Mark 9:23.

"When He came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed Him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before Him and said, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean." Jesus reached out His hand and touched the man. "I am willing," He said. "Be clean!" Immediately He was cured of his leprosy" (Matt 8:1-3).

"As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed Him, calling out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David!" When He had gone indoors, the blind men came to Him, and He asked them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" "Yes, Lord," they replied. Then He touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you;" and their sight was restored" (Matt 9:27-30).

"Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to that fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will received whatever you ask for in prayer" (Matt 21:21-22).

""Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11:22-24).

""Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well" (Mark 16:16-18).

"While Jesus was still speaking, someone came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue ruler. "Your daughter is dead," he said. "Don't bother the teacher anymore." Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed." (Luke 8:49-50).

Jesus wasn't impressed with those that were seeking a miraculous sign for Him in order for them to believe, so I know that it is not right in that. So, it's not the miracles I seek in order to believe... for I already believe... but it's things that He said like this that makes me wonder what I'm missing in Him?

"Believe Me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask Me for anything in My name, and I will do it."....... "I tell you the truth, My Father will give you whatever you ask in My name. Until now you have not asked for anything in My name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete..." (John 14:11-14,23-24).

What about the story of not only Peter walking on the water... but what Jesus did when they got to the other side of the lake?

When Peter "saw the wind" against him he began to sink.... Woe, watch where you're looking! Never take your eyes off your Savior!

‎"You of little faith," Jesus said to Peter, "why did you doubt?" Hmm... indeed! And then, when knowing all of that, why do we?

"When they crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret. And when they men of that place recoginized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought all their sick to Him AND BEGGED HIM to let the sick just touch the edge of His cloak, and ALL who touched Him were healed." ~~~ l LOVE THAT!

So the other day with Faith... so many of us were grabbing at the hem of His garment and hanging on to it for all that it's worth hoping and begging for a healing.... although God chose her healing to be in Heaven instead of here.... and though we know that that is best, sometimes still that's hard to hold.

Now... even while saying all that I've said... and still not understanding all that I don't... this I still know. (As I said earlier) God's ways are not our ways. God always knows best. And God's ways are always good. It's not this life that we're living for, but we're striving for the next one. And dare we forget what Jesus said to us after John the Baptist didn't understand what was going on in his world, "Bless are those who are not offended in Me." Basically, there are some things we don't understand... but I chose to trust Him anyway. I know He knows... even when I don't. I know His purpose and plan is still being worked out.

Wildly, God has done more in that little 7-year olds life than most people who live a full lifetime! He has done more through her without any effort on her own than we could ever imagine. Therein... lies the miracle! Therein we have MUCH to be thankful!

"The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised" (Job 1:21).

(Another "hard" while still knowing God's good: The Lightning Took Him Home)

No comments:

Post a Comment