Thursday, August 12, 2010

The word comes....


    "And the word of the Lord came to"...____ Abraham.... Moses.... Samuel.... Nathan.... David.... Solomon.... Elijah.... Isaiah..... Jeremiah.... Ezekial.... Hosea..... Joel...... Jonah.... Micah..... Zephaniah..... Haggai.... Zechariah...." and on and on and on and on and on... until "the Word" of the Lord "became flesh"!!!

     You know my thinking, "the word of the Lord" STILL COMES!!!!! I love that! The Word of the Lord still comes!!!!!

     And so does the "time come" still to accomplish the word that was sent. I love that just as surely as the "word comes" so does "the time"!!!! God just SAYS... and it IS! "For He spoke, and it came to be" (Ps 33:9). The word of the Lord still comes.

      Often it "came" directly to a person, and often it "came" through others. I, indeed, feel that as I sought His Word this morning that "the word of the Lord came" to me today.

"We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits,
but will confine our boasting to the field God has assigned to us,
a field that reaches even to you" [and in my case, to those in the prisons]
2 Cor 10:13


The KJV says it this way (with the words defined from the Greek word's definition in brown):

"But we will not boast (to glory on account of a thing)
of things without measure (beyond measure),
but according to the measure (the determined extent, the portion measured off, our measure or limit)
 of the rule (a measuring rod, a carpenter's line or measuring tape, a definitely bounded or fixed space within the limits of which one's power of influence is confined)
which God hath distributed (divided, separated into parts, cut into pieces, distributed, bestowed, imparted... a part due or assigned to one, lot, destiny) to us,
a measure (the determined extent, the portion measured off, our measure or limit)
to reach (to stretch out; to touch or grasp by extending a part of the body (as a hand), to extend to) even unto you."


    Whoa! For do you see what it's saying? Even in the Old Testament times God distributed the land by lot to the twelve tribes of Israel as He Himself alloted it.... as He Himself determined it... as He measured it... and divided it.... and imparted it... and bestowed it... and assigned it to "each" one as He purposed. It is HE that measures His determined extent for us. It is He that measures the portion of fields that He's assigned us. It is He that gives us our measure and the limit that He Himself has already determined for each one of us in the work that we are to do. So that we can "reach".. stretch out and touch or grasp by extending a part of our body (like our hand... and our heart...) even unto all the ones that He's meant and planned and purposed and hoped and willed for us to. Jesus Christ, "the Word that became flesh" (this time in me, and this time in you!) still "being about His Father's business!"

"In Him, we were also chosen,
having been predestined according to the plan of Him that works out everything
in conformity with the purpose of His will,
in order that we.. might be for the praise of His Glory.
For we are God's workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened
in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you.
He made every nation of men... and He determined the times set for them
and the exact places where they should live.
The word of the Lord came to me saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you..."
"Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how..; I am only a child."
But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, "I am only a child."
You must go to everyone I send you to...For I know the plans I have for you..."
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for [those in the prisons that I'm granted to go to] will arise from another place..
And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this? 
I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send?
And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
I became a servant... by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of His power.
Although I am the less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me:
to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ."
"See to it that you complete the work you have received in the Lord.
.. (in) the field God (that) has assigned to (you),
a field that reaches even to [again, those that I'm sent to behind the bars of a prison]."

Eph 1:11,12; 2:10; 1:18; Acts 17:26; Jer 1:4-7; 29:11; Est 4:14; Rom 12:6; Isa. 6:8; Eph 3:8; Mark 13:33-34; Col 4:17; 2 Cor 10:13

1 comment:

  1. Without my ever seeing or noticing or giving thought to Second Corinthians 10:13 before, it sure grew HUGE in my mind today! How could I have ever seen it, noticed it, or even choose to dig into it if not for God and His Spirit that no doubt lead me to?... because He just had something to SAY to me there today! Don't you just love Him? How else? Why else would I have noticed and been awed enough to stop and linger awhile in those words to see the treasures hidden beneath the words that clothed it? It wasn't underlined, nor highlighted. Nothing starred it, no arrows pointing to it. What made me see it today???? If not for God?!!! I love His Word that still comes... and that's alive!

    ReplyDelete