Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dreaming...


"Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart" (Ps 37:4).

Wow... just to think of it! God will give us the desires of our heart?

"Desires" = desires, requests, petitions, (the things we want and thus ask Him for in prayer)

There are so many dreams I have yet to have fulfilled. So many longings. So many things I still pray for, ask for, hope for, petition before Him, desire in my life. There's so much more that I want to do. So many things that I believe God put in my heart to. So much yet to live. So many things that can't happen, won't happen, couldn't happen without my Father's hand. They're too big! Too massive! Too beyond my ability! Too beyond my doing! Too beyond reality... that is, without His help, without His hand, without His making it happen, His enabling, His power, His grace...

Lord, I have a dream! I have so many dreams! So many things that still sit undone upon my shelves of wanting to do! How can I do these things if not for You? How could I want these things if You've not planted them into my heart to want to? They're BIG! HUGE! Impossible without You! Lord, see my heart! See my dreams! See my wants! See my desires! And may You grant, may You give, may You permit, may You provide, may You entrust these things that You've given me to want because of You! I love YOU, Lord! You ARE the DeLight of my life! You are what fulfills, and You alone! May I be about my Father's business! May You enable me to do what You Alone want done!

No comments:

Post a Comment