Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Hope. A Help. A Shield.

My cousin's Facebook status this morning was the verse found in Psalm 33:20-22 which says, "We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our Help and our Shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in You."

We wait....

...in hope....

for the Lord....

...He IS...

our Help

and our Shield.

In Him...

our hearts rejoice...

.... for we trust

........in........

...His holy name.

May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,

even as we put our hope in You.


Yes!

I think I needed the reminder!

I think it's the "waiting in hope" that's often the hardest.

I think that we rarely "wait" until there's nothing else left that we can do except "wait in hope" for Him... for as long as there's something that we think we can do... we're doing. 

Perhaps that's why God sits us there? Because our waits have reason! (Pst, I think that's called faith. He's a rewarder of those that trust Him.)

Anybody else in the "wait" of their moment?

This morning I love the verse! I love the Lord! I love the hope we have in Him. I love His Help that never fails to come. And I love the Shield that He is!

Yep, I needed this verse this morning just as much as she said that she did!

It's the "He IS OUR Help"... and He IS OUR "Shield" that's a very great comfort in knowing!!!

That IS worth rejoicing in Him about! There is definitely "rest" in that knowing! For woe, just think of the Help that He really is! And woe, when I think about it, when I look back, woe too at the Shield that He's been!

Proverbs 30:5 says, "He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him." Like I just said, woe, at the Shield that He's truly been! Do we take note of that? Do we give Him credit for that... when He's shielded us from whatever He's shielded and protected us from? "Unanswered prayers"... that were not really unanswered at all, but answered to save us? protect us? shield us... from only He knows what from?

Or the trouble He's shielded us against? Or the exposure from our sin that He's kept hidden in the cleft of His hand from those that would love to expose us? Or the suffering that we've been given to keep us close to Him, because of the things that we might have run to if He hadn't? Or the suffering that we escaped, because of His Shield that wouldn't permit it?

Wonder at all that He's shielded us from that we've never seen or considered? Wonder at all the Help He's done that we've been totally oblivious to and not thanked Him for while we ask for help in all other kinds of things that bother?

I need a Shield!

I need Help!

I have both!

I'll wait!

And I'll rest.

And I'll rejoice in the HOPE that He gives us!

I LOVE that we have HOPE! And that our Hope is IN One Who isn't just Faithful... but is IN the One Who died and rose to save us... and  W H O   K N O W S  that we have need of His Help... and Who's always able to give it!

6 comments:

  1. I needed to read this! Thank you for the remainder. I am in my "waiting" period at the moment for a baby, but I know God is in full control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... I understand the weight(!) of the wait! A baby? How precious!!! I'll be praying with and for you!!!

    You know, I wrote this post yesterday. Funny... it seems to be more for my today than it was then! Right now, I'm needing a Shield! And His Help! Thankfully, He IS my hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timely reminder!! I sat and read His truths! I read and underlined and circled!!! I Hi~lighted and re~read!!! His Word is my SHIELD! My HOPE! He has proven faith~FULL when I have been faith~less!!! I have a "weight" that I MUST "wait" for HIm to either approve or relieve me of!!! He is the ONE that is in control! In charge! The only oNE that I trust !!

    I am asking for His Shield to buffer and protect as He & I "do this thang" !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Bridget, my goodness at how everlasting hard waiting is!!! We want.. and I guess, we're wired to "do"! And if you're like me, I often think and feel like I'm failing Him in the "wait," I feel that if I'm not "doing" anything... then, I'm being disobedient somehow. Perhaps that's why He puts us there and gets us to the point that we know that there's NOTHING we can do!! If it's HIS thang... then truly, it's allllll up to Him! And too, I suppose that if He didn't arrange it that way, then we'd take too much credit... or, we'd doubt afterward if we did the right thing and if it was Him after all. When it's ONLY Him that can do it and He does... then wow, what greater thing is that!!! And not only does no one get the credit or glory but Him, but then all doubt is totally cast out.... then, there's no doubting the thing that He's done!

    Need I remind us both of Gideon.....?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blog! And I love the adorable lady on the couch. i will be back to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous, I am just now seeing this! Thank you for blessing my night! And I thank the Lord for blessing YOU in what He's laid on my heart to write!

    ReplyDelete