Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm trying to figure out what time it is

Today our preacher read the verses from Ecclesiates 3 that talk about there being a time for this and a time for that... "There is a time for everything," the first verse says, "and a season for every activity under heaven..."  I wrote my husband a note. I told him that I think he's telling me that it's time for me to go to Gatlinburg again. I need some time. I need some quiet. I need some un-interruption.

Sweetly my husband's answer was that the cabin was open for next weekend. He told me to let him know if I wanted him to book it. That's what a call a sweet man.

I came home contemplating the idea. I looked the cabin up Online to see how much "time" was available. As of right now, it's open from Thursday to Tuesday. I thought, wow... I could leave on Thursday right after work... and not come back until I had to. Then, I remembered that Friday is Tabor's first game. Hmmm...??? I could go after the ballgame ended then, right? Get a bit of extra rest during the day, and leave right afterward... getting there in the very early hours of the morning when I could crash and sleep. Then, I remembered my commitment on Monday.... I don't feel it right to ask someone to fill in for me. Hmmm... I think there goes my time.

Perhaps it's not "time" for Gatlinburg after all?

I've been trying to write lately. But it's hard to get my mind to where it needs to be.... basically, stayed for a few solid minutes on one focus. My brain is too scattered. There are too many things going on around me. I need quiet! But there's no quiet, no silence, no stillness.. when my body is made to be still when it needs to!

Perhaps another time? Perhaps this isn't the season?

That's okay too. For dare I complain, because I also love the season I'm in! I'm blessed beyond measure... I can write another day.

1 comment:

  1. What time is it indeed!?? That is a query I have been placing before GOD!!

    I so understand your hurry! Your scurry! Your appointments ! Your classes! And I also understand the "basking" in it for it too shall pass !!!!

    Love you ! Thank you for your heart! it reminds me of someONE... Him !!!!

    ReplyDelete