Saturday, January 28, 2012

Warning: Danger Ahead

.
Maybe it's the mood (or the week of the month, if you know what I mean!), for it's another day... and another thing... that begs to hurt my feelings too (as it did yesterday). It was strange when it knocked. Unexpected. I wanted to go with it at first, and then, I wondered what am I thinking? Where did that come from? Am I going to make a mountain over every molehill? Am I going to grow it until seething?

I let my mind hurt my feelings again this morning! Not over something someone did, but something someone didn't do. Really? Am I that nit picky? Am I that tender? Is my skin that thin? Am I that pitiful? Do I really (and will I let myself let me!?!) have to go looking for something?

It's then that I decided it wasn't them.... it's me! And it's what my mind keeps trying to do to me. Ridiculous! I've a made-up mind though, to extinguish every fiery dart that the enemy throws at me.

I was reading in Exodus 12 and 13 about the regulations to follow for the Passover. After my mind's thinking and it's current battle, what was said in 13:4 stopped me. It says, "Eat nothing containing yeast." Another version, "Don't eat anything with yeast in it." Shooo... in these circumstances, isn't that true! No, the content of the passage is not referring to my current mood of the moment's feelings.... but the Holy Spirit is able to use anything for revelation to convict me when I need convicting!

Yeast represented sin. And I kept thinking, don't eat any thing (don't eat any thought!) with yeast in it! Yeast is used because you can put a teeny tiny amount into dough, and it rises the dough and makes it grow into a whole lot more of it! If I continue to take this teeny tiny bit of yeast (this little teeny tiny bitty negative thought to lead to such an overload of negative thinking) and leave it left there without dealing with it.. it'll grow (as I alluded to in my earlier post) to something hugely massive! 

I suppose one reason this particular verse mentioned above stuck out today was because yesterday the one (while I wasn't looking for it) in Matthew 16:6,12 jumped out at me. It says, ""Be careful," Jesus said to them. "Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees."... They [the disciples] understood that He was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees."  AND... both yesterday and again today I decided that I need to be careful, too, of the yeast in my own mind that can multiply to full grown sin and take over my whole mind and all of its thinking if I refuse to guard myself against and don't get rid of it upon seeing it!

(1 Cor 5:6-8; Matt 16:6-12; Mark 8:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment