Friday, January 6, 2012

I need to see You see me

.
"I NEED to see You see me!!!!" 


It's a prayer I often pray. It's words that I've said too many times to count, and I mean them afresh with every new next time that I say them. If you could ask God He could verify to you that very fact. I'm sure He'd tell you, "Yes, she does! She asks Me a lot!"


:)


The thought that provoked the long-time prayer came from Genesis 16:13 when God goes to Hagar after she's run from the mistreatment of her mistress. The angel of the Lord "finds" her and says to her, "Hagar, slave of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?"


I love how He preambles the question with showing her that He knows exactly who she is. And with that knowing of such exact, He also knows where she's come from... and He knows where she's going. Better still, He knows her why that she's going there!


She tells Him that she's running away from her mistress. He tells her to go back. And then He tells her what to do and what will happen and what will become of the child that she's carrying.


It's after He's left that she says, "You are the God who sees me. I have now seen the One who sees me."


We, each of us, have a great, great, great need for Him to see us! And we have just as great of a need for us to see Him seeing us! That's why I pray that. That's why I say that. It's something that I already know... but every now and then you just plain out need out loud evidence! You need to see Him see you! You need evidence that you've been... and are being... seen by the One who sees!!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment