Thursday, December 15, 2011

He LOVES us! He'll NEVER let go!!!

.



Wooo!... I LOVE this!!!!!! It's one of my VERY FAVORITESTs FAVORITE songs EVER!!! And then the message that is added to it... WOW! It leaves me speechless at the faithfulness of God despite our unfaithfulness! I love HIS determined and persistent pursuit of us!!!!!!!!!!!! Who could ever imagine the God that loves us like He does???!!!!!!!!!!!


Can you hear God say (as John Piper said) and see Him pointing to you? "I want that man in My family! I'll do anything to get him in My family! I will pay for him to be in My family with My Son's life!" That's love folks! That is mega, off the charts, love!


And then Matt Chandler reminds us when we think God surely doesn't mean me and all my stuff, "God knew you were going to be messy. God knows that you're going to screw up often. He knows that you're going to be drawn to things that are wicked. He knows. That's what the cross is all about. That's the whole point of the cross... is that you're going to fail, and you're going to stumble... and you're going to feel dirty... and you're going to feel awkward. The whole point of Christ's cross is that there be this mighty picture of His love and pursuit of you... despite you."


Bottom line: He loves us! He loves us! Oh, how He loves us!!!! No matter what, and who, and how, and why, and when.... He loves us even then. He loves us before and during and after! He loves us still! And He keeps fighting to win and to free us. Again, He's faithful... even when we're not. He's fighting, even when we don't. He's pursuing, even when we're running from His pursuit. He doesn't give up. He never lets go. He loves us. He loves us. He loves us. Oh, how He loves us......So, what in the world will you do with a God that loves you like that??????????? 
.

2 comments: