Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pop Quiz! Ugh... I hate those!

Photobucket

God will use anything, won't He, to teach us something? No lesson goes to waste. Not even one He's taught in a blog. Especially to the person who wrote it.
Before the day was done, He did just that. Decided to test me on what I'd just written. Decided to pop quiz me on the answer He'd given.

A matter presented itself. A possible "fury" in the making. A look that came over me... that quickly needed my changing it.

BUT!

Sadly, I wasn't in the mood to wanna turn from where I was looking! Need I remind you that furious likes its wrongly fixed focus? Its look wants to stay fixed on the matter that has angered it. And though I wouldn't necessarily say that I was furious. Yet! I was getting pretty mad. And in my madness I actually wanted to stay there.

Danger zone! For an anger that's boiling is headed for danger! It's that sin is crouching at my door kind of thing. Its desire was to have me! Ouch! Thankfully, I didn't want to let it!

So. Though my initial reaction was to fume in it, rehearse it in my mind, mull over, meditate too long. I also remember the blog that I'd previous posted. I knew God was watching my reaction. I knew He wanted me to do right. I couldn't help but remember when Jesus told Peter that satan had asked to sift Peter as wheat. Then Jesus said, but I have prayed for you, Peter.... and when you come back, strengthen your brothers (Luke 22:31-32). I wondered if Jesus was interceding just then? I wondered if Jesus was praying for me in my trial of testing.

After such thinking, here's what I did.

In my mood of the moment. In my faces downcastedness. In my rebellion to not want to turn my head from my newly found aggravated focus. Knowing that God wanted me to. I reminded Him (as I'd earlier suggested) that He really is the lifter of our heads. I asked Him would He graciously lift mine, because sin was crouching, and I didn't want sin to win.

And guess what?

He did! He really, really did!

Back to Psalm 3, "Thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and He heard me from His holy hill. Selah... Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God:.. Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: Thy blessing is upon Thy people. Selah."

It's what He came for. It's why He came. He came to save us and bring us salvation from anything!

I love the Savior that I serve! I thank Him for His grace, His wonder, His mercy, His faithfulness, His love!

And today especially I thank Him for lifting (when asked) our looks! :)

1 comment:

  1. Titus 2:11-14 just happened to be my 'verse for the day' that I received in my email. Goodness, it fit so perfectly, that I HAD to post it as a follow-up here. His patience, His long-suffering, His loving-kindness, His grace is so good!

    "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, Who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are His very own, eager to do what is good."

    And!

    My other "verse of the day" in the very next email I got read this way, [Jesus says,] "Keep alert and pray -- otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing, the body is weak." - Matthew 26:41

    Woe.... was He making a point and talking to me or not! I am so enamored with and love my Lord!

    ReplyDelete