Thursday, November 17, 2011

Okay. Okay. Alright already... I'm considering!

.
I find myself sitting here..... at the advice of my Father (the Heavenly One).... in consideration mode. 



That "dread" thing that I talked about earlier in a previous post.... this is one of my days that I will be forcibly facing one of said such dreads! Not on my own will, mind you.... but every now and then, it's good that your will is forced to do what it decidedly doesn't want to and can hardly make itself do on its own. If not for that (being forced to), some of us would never actually get some things accomplished that needs to be  has to be done.


So.


In my anticipation.... and in my wait (because it's not quite time to yet).... I am studying. Sweetly (and very timely!), my Father has divinely ordained where I would be in this very exact moment's study (I LOVE how He does that!). I'm in James. Chapter one. Verse two. 


Where He says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds".............. (NLT) "Dear brothers and sisters, when trouble comes your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy . For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow."................. (ESV) Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,.............. (KJV) My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations............. (NSV) Consider it joy, my brothers, when you are involved in various trials............. (Aramaic Bible in Plain English) May you have every joy, my brethren, when you enter various and many temptations................ (BBE) Let it be all joy to you, my brothers, when you undergo tests of every sort.............. (WNT) Reckon it nothing but joy, my brethren, whenever you find yourselves hedged in by various trials................ (AMP) Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations. Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.


So. Like I said, because He's said to, that's where I am. I'm considering! I'm counting. I'm reckoning. I am thinking. I am deeming the trials, the troubles, the temptations, set before me as pure joy,..... as all joy,.... as every joy,...... as wholly joyful,.... as an opportunity for great joy to come.


"Weeping may endure for the night," right? "But joy COMETH in the morning!" (Ps 30:5)


In other words, there's purpose! There's reason! It has meaning! It's not in vain. God's plan in it is to work out and work in something! We're stronger than we think we are. We can handle more than we think we can. And when I don't forget that my Father's hand is in it, then there's nothing I can't do..... and nothing I should not want to........ when it's His will.... regardless if at first it's not mine.


Lord, yes! I really am considering! I am actually smiling! Anticipating! Seeking the wonder of the joy that awaits! I find myself almost excited even..... even in this thing that I've hated.... for I know your Glory can't wait to meet me there! It can't wait to reveal itself. It can't wait to show! And then, to later be shown!!!!!


And now in my consideration.... I have so much more to say..... but sadly, now I don't have the time to! Meanwhile, Lord, thank you for turning this downcasted face of mine to an uplifted one! You are, indeed, the lifter of our heads (Ps 3:3)! My heart beats more peacefully, and yes, JOYFULLY, because of You and all that You do!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment