Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm already jealous... and I haven't even started it yet!

.

Okay.... it's just the anticipation that has my body quivering! (See previous post.) And, as embarrassing as it is to say so and admit, already I'm jealous!


What in the world am I talking about, do you wonder?


The book of James! The study I'm about to open! The treasures I'm soon to find! 


In my excitement... why do I wear the green of envy? (Oh goodness, I'm so ashamed!)


What's my problem, you ask?


I love the Word! I mean, seriously, I absolutely LOVE the Word! I love all that is hidden there! I love the joy in the find! I love the punch with the Truth even when it hits hard! I love the encouragement! I love its power! I love its equipping! I love its challenge! I love how it changes! I love its transforming! And I love to see what God has shown others to share!


But... 


...... I, too, have felt compelled to write! My sweet God has given me studies of my own. And I've felt the compelling to write them down. I can't tell you how often I felt I had to pen them on a page. We're taught to teach, right? We're shown to show! We're given to give! We're blessed to bless! We're told to tell! 


And sadly, I feel I've failed my Savior! If I continue to wait until I feel worthy. Or I continue to wait until I feel that I'm able. Or I continue to wait until I feel it won't be hard and it'll all flow out naturally. If I continue to wait until it won't be so laborious.................................. Then, I'll never pen my first word! And boy do I ever have some words that have been stored!


Well... I can tell you that I won't start today. But, Lord, aggravate the stew out of me until I finally do as You continue to prompt me to... and until I grab my paper and my pen to begin...
.

2 comments:

  1. Okay... I must stop a minute (again!) to share a Scripture that the Holy Spirit reminded me of after posting this here.

    It's found in Isaiah 58, verses 6 and 7. It says, "Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of the wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?"

    There is a WEALTH of treasure in those words... but the one I want to hone in on is the part that says, "Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry"?.... The NIV says, "to share your food with the hungry...." Either way, it's powerful in what it says! And it's especially powerful when you see the "bread" as "Bread" (the kind with a capital letter.... the Manna of the Word!... the Bread of Life) with another!

    Do we deal our Bread to the hungry??? Or, do we withhold our Bread to those that most want it? Or we hoarders? Or do we share?

    Oh Lord, make me one that cannot help but feed from the baskets You've filled and given me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! I'm a whole three minutes and twenty-six seconds into the first video session. I've read ahead of what Beth is about to read. And... oh, the riches! So much! So many! ALREADY!!!! (I know! His Word's just that good!!!!)

    But this (like above), I found I must share. For it again tells me and compels me more of what I've just said. Paul says, "For what I received I passed on to you...." (1 Cor 15:3a). If I don't think God is speaking a word to me... then I've simply lost my mind! Okay. Okay! I plan to "pass on" what I've "received"!............

    I love how HE makes me smile! (Even on a bad day. A day that was really, really hard! It's too tender, too raw, it's still bleeding.... but after it's bandaged and feels a little better.... perhaps one day I'll share that too. I just want you to know that even in the hurt... His Word makes us to feel good!!!)

    ReplyDelete