Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's been a color-full month...

.

Colors... like in a wardrobe.... there are so many to choose from.


What's your favorite? 


What color do you wear the most? And I'm not referring to those you robe your physical body in... but the colors you slip into and wrap around your spiritual one. Some people sum it up in a four letter word and call it: 


Mood!


Today? I'm wearing blue. Earlier, I had on grey. For a flicker of a moment, I wore yellow. I've even sported the color of pink for a while, for earlier I was feeling sick, nauseated. What color is happy? Did some of that one too! A couple of times! And love, I've worn (I wear) that color a lot.


Amazing, isn't it, how quickly our color can change. Amazing, too, how sometimes often for a very long time in some seasons, it don't.


Hmmm... but back to my "coat of many colors"..... If my skin turned the color of my feeling like one of those long ago mood-rings that some of us used to wear........ I'd wear the gamut several times in a day. In an hour even. Maybe even sometimes, wear every one of the colors all at the very same time. I think I'd be surprised if it stayed the same color for very long.


Oh my though, when you put it that way, I think I may be related to and share the same blood as a roller-coaster! I go up and down and round-and-round and from side-to-side, I slowly crawl toward peaks... knowing that afterward there will be a dip coming, or a deep steep plunge! I sometimes find myself in the darkest of tunnels, and sometimes I'm hanging up-ended and upside-down. Sometimes slammed to a stop in a split of a second! Shew, life's full of rapid temperature changers.... seldom, when you least expect them. Woo, no wonder we're tired way before the end of the day's nightfall and bedtime!


I wish I had time to talk about my yesterday. Perhaps that plays some into my somberness? Another somebody died. No one that I knew personally this time, but a lot of people did, so a lot of people cried. I wanted to cry too, but I was there to help, crying wasn't the role that I was supposed to be wearing. So, in public, I simply postponed it.


Speaking of colors. I happened upon something interesting that I didn't know. And from a post at boston.com from March of 2009 I quote: "People in India and other countries with large Hindu populations celebrate a holiday called Holi, the Festival of Colors. Holi is celebrated as a welcoming of Spring, and a celebration of the triumph of good over evil. What that translates to in action is an enthusiastic dropping of inhibitions, as people chase each other and playfully splash colorful paint, powder and water on each other."

Hmmm... though I'm not promoting it, I do find it interesting. A celebration of the Festival of Colors.... so they go about chasing each other and splashing each other with colorful paints and powers. It's a celebration, it says, "of the triumph of good over evil."


And that's the bottom line, isn't it? The battle between good and evil! We might be all exuberant in the color of a happy mood.... when someone walks by, chasing us, and splashing us with a word or some news, an insult maybe or some evil, and they've splashed us with an instant rage of red.... with black's darkness (if we're not careful) soon creeping in. And dressed now in such a color, a friend of ours sees.... and that friend dousing us with kindness, pouring a color of encouragement and calmness over our heads. Point made? Colors.... all in a matter of minutes.... yet sometimes it rarely takes that long. And so there's a battle of color with good and evil......... Which color will we let win?


Funny. I must tell you this. I started this post earlier. I mentioned that I was wearing blue as I typed it. Depression was fighting to take over, sadness over too many losses.. and with doom, because there are more losses showing in the horizon. But even before I got very far, my mood (my color) had changed! I asked it earlier, but I need to know, what color is happy? Because that is the color I'm again wearing. Joy. Peace. Calm, a sweet Anticipation... regardless of the storm. Trust replacing the fear.... Trust in a Savior, knowing that always and all ways and in all things, my Redeemer still lives!


LORD Jesus, thank You for wearing Your red for me..... and changing my color of black to wear a color of white.... a color of right......... a color of the purest Light.......... a color of one day totally forever and eternal DeLight!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment