Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My family left me.

.
I had Thanksgiving alone.... but not by myself.

Already... the decision was worth it! Wednesday night was a...  very good night to remember! 

The debate. I should rephrase that. The question was: "To stay?" or "Not to stay?" The query being pondered upon: "Should I go? Or should I not?" 

I didn't. Go, I mean. I stayed. My family left me. They went six hours away. I stayed at home alone all by myself. Simply for: our Wednesday night service in prison. I couldn't in good conscious leave them. Too many of the rest of our group had other places to go. I couldn't let myself just not show up and leave them feeling left out, left alone, and disappointed.

Annnnd.... after the night's sweetness there.  I ~ Am ~ So ~ Glad ~ That ~ I ~ Didn't!

What a precious service we had! From before it even started! The Spirit had arrived and was waiting! He simply invited all of us to join Him! I loved it. I think the girls loved it as well. It was a blast. It was fun. It was sweet. We laughed. We cried. We awed over God's GOoDness, His faithfulness, His "there"ness, and His Word. We had a feast! Feasting upon: The Bread! The Water! The Wine! Ah... taste and see that the Lord is good! It was, as He's said, sweeter than honey!


What a blessing!


We served them three flavors. Or. We had a three course meal (of the Word): an appetizer (or a salad), the main meal, and dessert. Three of us spoke. And each (without previously coordinating it) complimented the other. As I say so often, God Himself (His Spirit) set the whole thing up. He simply used us as His vessels.


I can't describe the smiles in the room. Or measure them to show you how wide they were. It was a packed house. More than ever before. So many came forward. But, it was the happiest time! More different than ever. Even when requesting for prayers, it was thankful fulled (Yes, I said "fulled" on purpose.)! Surely, just as God would have wanted it! Thank You so much Lord, that I didn't miss that!


I did stay at home by myself but ended up not staying here for dinner. I drove an hour and a half to join my sister and mom and nephew. It's weird, our family (which is HUGE) that normally congregates all at one place went everywhere else but, and was so scattered. My mom's health, my dad's death, the devastation of a whole host of other family things, divided us onto a thousand different roads. Yet still. Even in our division, I've never felt so close. Trials (as God's Word would call it) has a precious way of drawing everyone closer! And too, more thankful-fulled.... regardless of the hard, the hurt, the horror....... Regardless, when realizing how good we've got it, because still, God is so GOoD!


My yesterday's inbox's verse of the day: "When life is good, enjoy it. But when life is hard, remember that God gives us good times and hard times. And no one knows what will happen in the future." (Ecc 7:14 ERV)


And: "Be sure to fear the LORD and serve Him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things He has done for you." (1 Sam 12:24 NIV)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment