Friday, June 4, 2010

We didnt...but God did!


My oldest girl has always wanted to go to California. She's always wanted to fly. She wanted to go there after she graduated. She wanted to go to school there. To study fashion. And she was accepted by one of the top-rated fashion schools. They actually pursued her. She didn't pursue them. The admissions lady that worked there even told her that that wasn't normal, that usually it was the other way around. Her parents (my husband and I) wouldn't allow her to go. We did labor over the pondering of it. But the fear of sending your daughter that far away all by herself at that young age and to a place that is so very full of "worldly".... we couldn't do it. The final decision making moment though, too, was because we really couldn't afford it. After seeking such wisdom, we felt it was God's answer.

That was two years ago. Prissy ended up going to the University of Alabama her first year instead. This past year she stayed home, doing online classes from here. And though her passion for fashion hasn't died, recently she told me that she was glad we didn't let her go. She told me that all of the eight girls that she would have been living with are now lesbians. She told me that she didn't know what she would be now if we had let her! Woe, at the grace of God!

God has been working on her. Wooing her. Drawing her to Him. It's been a wild journey! One He obviously set up Himself... as only He's able to do. Talk about being pursued! She's now being pursued by her Savior... and she's been thrilled and awed and whoa-ed by His wonder! It's been a journey too incredible to tell! But I have loved watching the thrill of it from the sidelines!

And now. Today HE has her taking her first plane ride. HE has her flying (of all places) out to California! Who would have thought it but Him! Who could have planned it so perfectly! He planned the trip, provided for the payment of the trip, and then offered her the invitation! Today her and her dad (that sweet husband of mine) left at His bidding! Woe, does she ever have a trip in store.

It's to a place called J. H. Ranch. It's purpose is to magnify the glory of God, what He did, what He still does, and what He has yet to do. I can't wait to hear all that she'll have to tell when she gets back... though I know most of the awe will be kept hidden deep in her heart. Not because she won't want to share it, but because those kinds of intimate moments alone with God aren't tellable!

She texted me a little while ago. First she awed over the wonder of flying and the beauty that's there. And then while driving from Sacramento to San Francisco (where Tim and her will spend one day before heading to the ranch) she told me that she was about to cry. I asked her why? She responded, "Because the world is so big and so beautiful! Why the heck have we just stayed in one place?" Oh my, her appetite has been whetted! Her curiousity opened. Her awe full-blown. Her want-to now wanting more! It makes me wonder what God is setting her up for and WHERE all He plans to take her???

No doubt, she'll see Him magnificently in the beauty of the ranch and all of its surroundings and in the things that they'll tell her......... But it didn't take that long to start, this God journey has already started with God! While she was packing her bags this morning she was telling me about all that she had prayed to Him right after she got up.

In her "Student Information" part of the application some of what she wrote was this, "I am looking forward to a lot of things. I'm looking forward to being in Cali and enjoying God's nature. I'm looking forward to challenging my walk with Him! I'm looking forward to spending quality time with both my earthly father and my Heavenly One!.... I want to grow closer to God! I want to strengthen my faith! I want to learn how to pray a prayer pleasing to Him, trusting Him instead of begging for things that "I want." I want to learn how to study His Word, instead of flipping through the pages not knowing where to start. I want to learn how to start living my life, stop making plans and enjoy the present...."

Indeed, He is woo-ing her, drawing her to Him, awe-ing her, and making her more aware! I cannot even begin to, I cannot thank Him enough!

"I know the plans I have for you... plans to give you a hope.. and a future" (Jer 29:11)!

Proverbs 16:9, “In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.” Another version says, “A man’s mind plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.” Another, “We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.”

Proverbs 19:21 says something similar, “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.”

God knows.... Now, I wonder where all He'll take her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment