Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Speaking of.. the mean mood that I earlier mentioned

What is it about a "mean mood" that so much likes to share? That wants to invite you into its ugly? That desires to? That tempts to? That tries so hard to force into? And, worse of all, is so contagious?

This morning my "Happy" was met by Mr. Mad! And after such a meeting it was hard not to fall into its same pit.

I walked away with a downcasted face. In my despair I wanted to act ugly back. I didn't. I didn't say anything. But my brows were still furrowed. My happy was gone. It had been crushed and beaten and left for dead.

Back in my world (away from mad's mood) I kept thinking about it. I had been studying the second half of Isaiah 61:3 all week ("They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of His splendor.") and immediately I thought, "Well, she's not displaying His Splendor, for sure!" Yet with that thinking, too, I remembered right behind it, that I am still to be a display of God's splendor whether she is or not!

Oh!

Woe!

Wow!

That's right. I am.

I NEVER HAVE ROOM TO POINT!!! And Jesus always makes a point of letting me know that! (Secretly, I'm so glad He does! That tactic in that reminder alone is almost always successful in defusing my burning fuse and keeping my bomb from exploding.)

Still...

My mood was not yet feeling it. My feelings were still hurt.

"The joy of the Lord is your strength" (Neh 8:10) kept echoing in my mind.

I said to God, "I need to be strong... thus I need some joy! I will stay weak without it... until joy comes along. I need some strength, Lord. So send me some."

Surprisingly (I asked... so I don't know why it was so surprising) after that (and without putting much effort into it) it didn't take long! I was soon strong. I'd found my joy! And the joy of Him overcame anything that had previously been casted-down.

We're to be called "oaks of righteousness, a planting...."

Oaks of what's right. (I love that!) A planting (of His!)! You'll know them by their fruit, Jesus had said (Matt 7:18-20). What fruit when hit today was I bearing?

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.... Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature... Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit" (Gal 5:22-25). The Spirit's fruit is LOVE!..... KINDNESS!.... GOODNESS..... and SELF-CONTROL! Perhaps that means the self-control to crucified the sinful nature's default into madness when Mad knocks! If I remember correctly (and I do!), it's our moment's call to bless (1 Pet 3:9)!

I so wanted to be bearing the fruit of the Spirit! I wanted to have the same Spirit as my Father's! I wanted to imitate and walk in the steps of my Savior's! I need His love... I need to love too!

Joy was now in place! And, too, it showed on my face!

Later.

On the road again and heading toward an appointment later I got behind a man driving 25 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour speed limit zone. I was in a hurry. Can you guess what I was thinking?

I remembered (as I've remembered so often lately) that love is patient!... and love is kind! So, woe! I backed off of his tail and readjusted the feeling that was about to creep in. Again, I remembered what I'd remembered earlier... that I'm supposed to be displaying my Lord's Splendor! How could I do that with frustration and impatience taking over my display of rhe moment instead?

I smiled! And started singing a song!

Hmmm.... shall I share another part of that verse that helped bump me from my mood, the one that calls us a Display of His Splendor? It tells us that Jesus came to give us "a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."  A garment... of praise! Instead of... a spirit despairing! WOE! Because look what I was now wearing!!!

That's what Jesus did for me today! He changed the garment I put on from a despairing one to one that couldn't praise Him profusely enough.

Wow... what a Savior we have that still saves! He does what He says! He means what He's promised! He's faithful to fulfill if we simply bow to His commandments.

I once said to Him today, "Save me! I'm Yours. I belong to You" (Ps 119:94). And guess what? My Savior did! I am in awe of the One I belong to that continually reaches to save! And awed even more that He is ever willing and ALWAYS WANTS TO!

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble" (Ps 46:1). An Ever-Present Help! Our Refuge! Our Strength!... in the very minute we need it! Indeed, He is! You cannot beat the God we serve!


P.S, "Renew the mind".... "take every thought captive"....... Oh wow, so many of God's verses works here!

P.S.S. It works! It works! God's word works!!!!!!!

He send forth His word and HEALS!!! ("Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and He saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them..." - Ps 107:19-20)  I mean, I already know it works. It just worked expotentially for me all day in every place I turned and everything that was thrown out and hit me!

Oh, Lord, thank You for not allowing the enemy to rob me of my mood in You today! You thrill me beyond my greatest imagination! I am enthralled with YOUR beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment