Sunday, March 24, 2013

A closed door that didn't stop Jesus

.
I love the Word! Have I said that lately? I l.o.v.e. the Word! I cannot begin to tell you how much I love it!

I love when a passage speaks. I love when a word jumps off the page at you. I love when it magnifies itself! When it screams attention! When it shows up in 3-D. I love when it makes it into your heart, into your mind, into your soul, into your spirit, into the marrow of your bones, down into the deepest and every part of you and you can't quit thinking about it! I love when it penetrates! When it pierces! When it incites! Excites! When it thrills you! When it fascinates! When it amazes you. Awes you. Astonishes you. Entrances you. Captures you. Captivates you. I love when you can hear it like you've never heard it before. When you can see it differently! Clearly. Visually. When it feels like it's just for you! Or when you know that you've just seen it in order to grab the phone to make a phone call to tell someone else! I love its speaking! And I love when you can't help but to tell of what it's just said to others!

I ran across such a word today! One that once seen it stayed in my seeing! One that I've tried to keep picturing! One that I could visualize in the time that it told of, and one that I can't help but envision happening thousands of times since.

"On the evening of that.. day..., when the disciples were together, with the doors locked..., Jesus came..."!  ~ John 20:19 (NIV)

Woe, what a statement!!!

"That Sunday evening the disciples were meeting behind locked doors... Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them!" (NLT)

"On the evening of that day.. the disciples had gathered together and locked the doors of that place because they were afraid.... Jesus came and stood among them" (NET)

Can you picture it?! Can you imagine?!

"... when the doors were shut.... Jesus came..."!!! (NASV)

"Although the doors were locked; Jesus came..."!!! (ESV, 20:26)

"Even though the doors were shut, Jesus came..."!!! (ISV)

"...Yeshua came when the doors were barred; He stood in the center and He said to them...." (Aramaic Bible in Plain English, 20:26)


Oh, that Jesus comes! Even when doors are locked! Even when doors are locked! EVEN W~H~E~N DOORS ARE LOCKED!!! 

What a phenomenal thought!!! Especially last night for all those locked behind barred doors inside the prison I was in! Jesus comes! HE came! (Oh my goodness, it was phenomenal ) With no door being able to bar,to lock, to shut or to keep Him out if He wants to come in it! What an encouraging thought! What a tremendous truth and reality!

We often lock our doors... from fear, from wounds, from hurt, from despair, from disappointment, from depression, from misunderstanding, from rebellion, from ______..... All kinds of "from"s!! 

What mood or madness or emotion locked your door?

Jesus can come!... even when doors have been locked! When doors are locked... GLORY!.. HE STILL COMES!!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment