Sunday, February 5, 2012

I can't quit thinking about Him!

.
"On my bed I remember You; I think of You through the watches of the night" (Ps 63:6). 

The New Living Translation puts it this way, "I lie awake thinking of You, meditating on You through the night."

The words to the verse in this Psalm are so very much speaking to me tonight. They are not only speaking to me... they're speaking my heart... they're speaking my thinking... they're telling my feelings!

When I lie to sleep... my mind stays drawn to my Savior. I talk to Him. I ask Him to even in my sleep, to speak to me, to show me things, to answer my questions, to give me dreams. I sometimes don't want to "waste" the time to sleep..... so I ask Him to redeem it, and to use that time, as well, to draw me closer to Him, to renew my mind and my thinking, to grow my love for Him, to invade every inch of my subconsciousness.

There have been so many nights that my mind "remembered" other things. I have lain awake thinking of other things that sometimes I had no business thinking about. I have meditated on other "you"s that was not my Savior. I've pondered in bed, and mediated, sometimes pre-meditated.... I've dreamed of things that I didn't need to be dreaming, or wallowed in sorrow, sometimes thrashed on my bed in anguish. What horror! 

Wow. There's nothing that compares to an invasion of the mind that fixes and fastens our focus on Jesus and our Father that loves us. Thank You, Lord God, for changing my mind and for being the wonder that has captured it! Oh, that it never escapes You and turns to seek or to settle for anything less! You are my Thrill! You are what my mind cannot get enough of! Oh Lord, see me while I sleep. And while I sleep, help me to see You!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment