Monday, February 27, 2012

Feeling like a Princess

.
We left promptly at 6:30 Saturday morning, my youngest daughter and I. We drove 3 hours to get to our pre-planned, premeditated destination. Oh, we had such fun! And... the goal of our trip? You might could call it, beaUtifully successful!


We went dress shopping! We were Cinderellas shopping for the Ball! Well. Not really really. I made that part up. My mind, for a little while, just pretended. Instead of the fairy-taled ball that I just lied about, we were shopping for a dress for a Senior prom... and another one for a high school pageant. 


Our targeted store that my daughter had found online was: Bravura's. And let me say, it did NOT disappoint us! The funnest part? Dresses of all makes and sizes and colors hung everywhere you looked! Jewels dripped also on racks to entice us. And girls.... girls... girls! LOTS of girls! Some with their friends. Some with their mothers. All searching for beauty in the dress-ups hung up and bagged in plastic all around them.


What I loved most? It was the girl's total transformation once zipped up in the dress that they'd chosen. It was the feeling on their face that showed that they felt as royalty. It was their automatic twirl, simply because the feeling called for it. It was their intense looks of awe as they stared at themselves in the mirrors. It was the slacked-jawed wide-eyed wonders at those that were spellbound as they looked upon them. We'd entered a fairy-land! And it was as if each belonged!


I didn't mean to. Didn't plan to. Didn't know I was going to. But I started crying as I told a friend about it yesterday at church. I told her I was fascinated by each girl as the apparel transformed them! As if they felt: We were made for this! We were made for this! We I was MADE for this!


And the wonderful part? Not so surprisingly, we are! There really is a Kingdom! We, as children of God, The King, are royalty! Our royal dress and royal robes await us! Our Prince, on His white horse, anxiously anticipates our coming!


It's "eternity set in our hearts" (as Ecc 3:11 tells us) that God's put there.... there's something inside all of us... that just knows!


And as the Bride of Christ, we will be given a dress to wear, we won't even have to pick it out! HE picks is out for us! "She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear. For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God's holy people" (Rev 19:8). "I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For HE has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels" (Isa 61:10). 


Woo... how's that for royally attired women in waiting... anticipating the dress that awaits them!


[P.S. I won't post picture spoilers here of the two dresses we bought. They are stunningly beaUtiful! But, I want to wait until my daughter is all dolled and doo-ed up, so that you can get the full results of the gorgeous wonder! Events coming in March and April. You might want to hold your breath for this.... we had a blast, we totally went all out and totally outdid ourselves! My daughter is breath-taking in the dresses she picked out!]
.

No comments:

Post a Comment