Saturday, October 22, 2011

Or, more rather, it looks like he did!

.

As the song sings, "This world is not my home. I'm just a passing through, my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door. And I can't feel at home in this world anymore...." 


And, even though we sing that, or say that, or talk about that, and we really know that.... there's something about it in our minds that is hard to really, really, really know, to really grasp, to imagine, to understand, to fathom, to make it in.


This is not it. Here is not it. Here.. this life.. this world is just the part of the journey that takes us to our final destination. It's a road. It's a passage. It's an avenue. It's a trip. This... is simply just part of it. It takes our 'here' to get us to where we're going.


If you'll notice, I entitled my earlier post, "It doesn't look like my friend's gonna make it." But perhaps, I need to reword that? Because, instead, it looks like he did!


He's gone. He left. He's no longer bound to this earth by his earthly body. He's now where our hearts are longing for! He's now made it to where so many songs sing about. He's made it! He's now seeing our Savior! He's now seeing our God, our Father, the One that's created him! I know he never dreamed when my daddy died, that he'd be soon on his way to seeing him again!


I can picture my daddy smiling so big as he walks to greet him. I can hear him asking Joe what brought him here. And I can hear Joe's answer in his distinct voice laughingly telling my daddy, "My truck turned over." For after all, we never know the avenue that'll be used to send us there.


Hmmm, it's wild, but I continue in my mind to hear the song sing, ".... and I can't feel at home in this world anymore...."


Good for you, Joe! You DID make it!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment