Sunday, October 16, 2011

Meanness is so mean.... and thus, Mean needs mercy!

.
You know... meanness is mean! Anyway you color it, slice it or dice it or try to excuse it... it hurts, and it isn't right!


And yet..........


My heart hurts for Mean tonight. For the one that's bitter. For the one that rages. For the one that lately has been causing all kinds of havoc for my family.


I hate her hurt. I hate her lonely. I imagine in the dark of the night (and even when it's light) that she's scared. I think that's why she growls so much. And for that I'm sorry.


I hurt for her today. I feel for her lots of days... but today, especially, my heart hurts for hers. My heart seriously sorrows! It aches. It mourns. It hates it for her! I wish I could help, but I don't know how to. I don't think she'll hear me right now in the midst of her rage. But, Lord, I'm sad for her. Please help! Please bless the Mean.


I usually tell God that ("Please bless the mean..") when evil has been done to me... or when someone has for some reason insulted me. I say that to Him, meaning it... but meaning it because He's told me to: "Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and He will bless you for it." - 1 Peter 3:9.


God has been so gracious as to engrave deeply that truth into my heart and my head and my mind. But today... it goes deeper than truth, it goes deeper than obedience, it's heart-felt! My spirit is grieved! I beg for His help! I want her healed! Please bless her life someway that she can feel it. I don't how to help. I don't know what to pray for. I don't know what to do if there's something You'd like for me to. I put her in Your hands tonight, Lord. Take care of her. Comfort her. Give her peace. Grace her! Give her mercy! Love her greatly! May she feel Your Presence and Your nail-scarred hands of love wrapped around her!


Send her some joy, Lord! Please hear me! Please act quickly! My tears cry her heart's hurt tonight. I sorrow so for her sadness........
.

No comments:

Post a Comment