Friday, May 21, 2010

Susan wants to be made well.


A friend wrote to me. Here's what he said. "Susan is a Godly woman. She has lung cancer. Stage 4. Doctors refuse to operate. Please pray for a healing."

I wrote back:

I will pray..........

Father, have mercy! Susan wants to be made well.  Jesus, I pray that You will heal her in Your mercy, through Your grace, in Your power, for Your Name's Sake and for Your Glory.  "In Your Name, Jesus," I ask. And Jesus, You said Yourself, "I tell you the Truth, My Father will give you whatever you ask in My name... so that the Son [so that You!!] may bring glory to the Father." 

Jesus, today bring Your Father Glory!

You said, "You may ask Me any-thing in My Name, and I will do it."  Here's an "any-thing," Lord, we're asking You an "any-thing." YOU SAID that You would do the "any-thing" that we asked You to. 

You said, "Don't you believe Me..... [Don't you] believe Me when I say..... [Don't you believe Me] or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves." 

I do believe You.  I do believe You when You "say."  I believe what You've said! 

I believe, too, because of the evidence of those miracles then, and all the evidence I've been shown before and that I've seen since. And after asking Philip if surely he could believe because of the evidence of the miracles that he had seen You perform, Jesus, You then said, "I tell you the truth, any-one who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing.  He will do even greater things than these, because I Am going to the Father.  And I will do what-ever you ask in My Name, so that" You may bring glory to Your Father. 

Ah, Jesus, YOU said, "I tell you the truth!" 

"I tell you the truth...." is it true or is not? 

You said it was true.  I believe Your Truth.  I believe what You've said.  I believe Your word!  I believe what You've spoken.  I believe just because You said so! I believe the Words You've had written in Holy Writ to share with me today.  God breathed. God inspired. The Word that is Alive and Active!  It lives!  It acts!  It does! It is sent forth to accomplish it's purpose. It always accomplishes what it was sent forth to do. It's never said in vain. It never comes back void. You are Truth. And You said, "I tell you the truth!"

Lord, I used to get stuck on the "greater things than these" part of that verse. Asking You so many times about the "greater things than these."  Telling You that I don't see the "greater things than these" that You promised. Asking You, "Where are the greater things than these" that You were talking about? 

But now, my eyes constantly wonder at the "what I have been doing"....  Those "miracles themselves" that You called "evidence."  Why are we not seeing the same things that You had been doing like You said we would? How can we get to the "greater things than these" if we've not yet done the "what [You] had been doing"?

I pray to You today, Lord God Almighty, what Habakkuk prayed to You in his year:  "LORD, I have heard of Your fame; I stand in awe of Your deeds, O LORD.  Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." 

I remind of You of what is written of You in Psalm 77:14 - "You ARE the God Who performs miracles; You display Your power among the peoples."

It does not say, You were the God who performed (as in used to, but does not anymore); but that YOU ARE the God Who PERFORMS miracles.  "Performs" - as in STILL DOES!  It's part of Who You Are!  It's What You Do! It's like when Moses asked for You to show him Your glory, You said, "I'll show you My goodness."  Because that's how we see Your Glory - through Your goodness - through what You've done!  

And always the "why?" behind the reason You do it is "so that the people will know that You are God and that there is no other." 

Display Your power among the peoples today!  DISPLAY Your power, Your Wonders, Your Deeds, Your Glory, Your Fame.... so that the people may know!  It's for YOUR NAME's sake I ask!  For: Your Name!  For: Your Glory!...... and because You say so in Your Word, and You are Truth.  I'm asking You to heal Susan, to make her well;  because You said I could ask You, and You said You would do it if I did. I'm asking You based on what You said.  And I'm believing You, because You said it!  I'm asking in Your Name, Jesus. Amen.

"Let this be written for a future generation,
that a people not yet created may praise the LORD;
"The LORD looked down from His sanctuary on high,
from heaven He viewed the earth,
to hear the groans of the prisoners
and release of those condemned to death.""

[kvj= "To hear the groaning of the prisoner;
to loose those that are appointed to death."]
So the name of the LORD will be declared in Zion and His praise in Jerusalem
when the peoples and the kingdoms assemble to worship the LORD."
~ Ps. 102:19-22 ~

"Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being,
praise His holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits -
Who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from the pit
[kjv= "Who redeemeth life from destruction"]
and crowns you with love and compassion,
Who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagles." 
~ Ps 103:1-5 ~

"Yes, LORD, walking in the ways of Your laws,
we wait for You;
Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."
[kjv="the desire of [our] soul [is] to Thy Name,
and to the remembrance of Thee."]
~ Isa. 26:8 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment