Friday, May 14, 2010

My whole body hurt.

I drove home heavy tonight. Burdened. Troubled. Weighed down. Sad. Oppressed... over the hard in this world.

I had been trying to keep the tears at bay all day, when mostly the dam begged to burst. Finally, alone in my car I could let the rivers flow. I could cry buckets. But even then, I felt like I didn't have time to. I'd be home in a minute. I'd greet all those there that love me. I didn't want to explain the redness of my eyes or the washed away make-up. (So sad, but true.)

I hurt for the world. I hurt for everybody. I hurt for the hurting. I hurt for the hard. I hurt for the evil. I hurt for what so often seems the unfairness of a lot of things. I hurt for those that try so hard.... and it so often doesn't (ever!, it seems!) turn out right. I hurt for the offended. I hurt for the offenders. I hurt for the sick that are pleading for a healing. I hurt for the mistreated, the downtrodden, the distressed, the abused. I hurt all over for everybody!

I was reminded of Psalm 77...

"I cried out to God for help;
I cried out to God to hear me...
I remembered You, O God, and I groaned;
I mused, and my spirit grew faint.
Selah.
You kept my eyes from closing;
I was too troubled to speak.
I thought about the former days,
the years of long ago;...
Then I thought, "To this I will appeal;
the years of the right hand of the Most High."
I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember Your miracles of long ago.
I will mediate on all Your works
and consider all Your mighty deeds..
Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?
You are the God Who performs miracles;
You display Your power among the peoples..."

"LORD, I have heard of Your fame;
I stand in awe of Your deeds, O LORD.
Renew them in our day,
in our time make them known:..."
Hab 3:2

There's so much hurting, Lord. So many sick that need healing. So many people in the dark that need to see You. So many scared and lonely and sad that need to see You see them! So many others that need to know You hear... that You're there.... that You care. I know that You, Lord God, are a God of wonder! A God who not only performed, but that still performs miracles! I have, indeed, heard of Your fame! I do stand in awe of the deeds that You've done! I am humbled at Your love, Your mercy, Your patience, Your grace.

Please, Lord... tonight I'm praying for a little girl named Faith. For You to heal what no man can! For You to do what is impossible to man. For You to show Your Glory.... Your "who is like God" wonder, to a world that so often is susceptible and doesn't believe!

I ask You to shower Lisa with an overwhelmation of You! I ask that You let her know You're there... that You love her... that You aren't ashamed of her... that You went to extremes to send Your Son to die and be risen to save her....

Help Jennifer, Father. Make it obvious where You want her. What You want her to do. Where You want her to go. Guide her. Lead her. Show her. Give her wisdom in the decisions she makes and the road that she takes.

Be with, Mitzi, God. She needs Your tenderness, Your compassion, Your help. May she see evidence of You all over her world. May she be awed by the "withness" of You wherever she goes. May she see the help of Your hand all around her. May Your might and Your love and Your assistance and Your Presence be known!

There are so many more. But tonight, especially extend Your mercy and compassion to these four. May we again (in their lives) be awed by Your deeds! May Your glory be renown everywhere we bother to look!

In Jesus, I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for the women you asked for prayer for.
    And for you, to be strengthened and comforted by
    God, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort. 2Corinthians 1:4.

    Much love and blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michelle, for your heart and your prayers. Aren't you a very sweet and caring thing!

    Love right back at cha!
    sharon

    ReplyDelete