Thursday, May 6, 2010

She had to turn around. She forgot to put her shirt on!

My daughter called me on the way to work. Actually, she was headed back home by this time. She started with, "Mom! How embarrassing! I forgot to put my shirt on, so I had to turn around!"

Well. That's different!

What she meant was... she was wearing a shirt (thank You, Lord!), but she'd forgotten to change into her uniform.

But I loved it. Because this is what it reminded me of:

"Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from Him, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy" (Eph 4:21-24).

"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator" (Col 3:5-10).

Moral of this story: Goodness! For Heaven's sake.. be dressed in what you're supposed to be dressed in and wearing when you leave! Don't you dare leave home (or be home!) without it! :) Don't wear the wrong shirt! Don't be caught dead in it! If you look down and find yourself wearing your old shirt (your old way of life)..... cast it off quickly, and very hurriedly replace it with a our "new" one... our righteous and holy clothing!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! As soon as I read the title from my blog I was reminded of the time in highschool (about 12 years ago) I forgot to wear a bra and didn't even realize it until I took my shirt off in P.E. Totally embarrassed (and of course I guess that is over sharing.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Katie! That is a little more naked than I'm used to (LOL)! But I'll turn my head and not look.... and my face will turn blazingly bright RED with you!

    Funny... at the stories we could tell! Hmmm... maybe I should get a little more naked on here and start spilling more embarrassing moments that have been kept hidden secretly in some closets?

    Just kidding! And so loved the laugh!

    ReplyDelete