Monday, May 3, 2010

Rain Rain falls today...

.... and washes all our plans away.  :)


Job 37:6-7 holds two of my favorite verses (I have many!). Everytime I think of those words written there it brings a smile to my face. And almost every time it rains my mind reminds me of them. It says:

"[God] says to the snow,
'Fall on the earth,'
And to the rain shower,
'Be a mighty downpour.'
So that all men He has made may know His work,
He stops every man from his labor."

I woke in the early hours of this morning to "a mighty downpour." God must have said, Be a mighty one! There was thunder and lightning and the roar of the wind. Ahh... tis a beautiful sound to the sleeper!

But, I was to get up soon for the plans scheduled for my day. And I wondered how the weather would affect it? It was 4 o'clock. My alarm had been set for 4:30. I got online to check the forecast. And at 4:31 I got an email from the man I was to be traveling with cancelling our plans with a promise to reschedule.

(Smile!!!)

I had my permission. I could crawl back under my covers and go back to bed and enjoy this wonder of a sound while I lay sleeping.

Hmmmm.... what were we told after we're been informed of our Creator commanding the rain to do what He's decided for it to do today? We're told that HE STOPS every man from his labor "so that all men that He has made may know His work."

I'm basking at home (instead on the road or a prison (yes, a prison - see yesterday's post)) KNOWING my God's "work" today and thoroughly enjoying every single minute of it! He stopped me from mine, so that I could observe Him in His. Isn't that the wonder of the God that we love!

No comments:

Post a Comment