Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sun... and the sound of silence

I went outside and just sat a few minutes today. Oh wow, from the very moment I did! It's been too long. I've been too busy. It felt good. Sitting in the sun outside alone with God was awesome! Refreshing! A whole new wonder!

The wind (Yay!). The birds. The rays that blazed. The dogs. Hey, I could quickly get used-to and spoiled to this. The grass so green! The trees waving in response to the wind's blow. Can I say again, it was wonderful!

George (our Shitzu) chose to sit on top of the pinic table (????). Bug (our Maltese) lounged, then, rolled in the grass and panted. And I watched (like last year) a bird re-making her (or another bird's) last year's nest.

((*Smile!*))

I wrote for a while and then put all of my studying down and just listened......

((*Smile!*))

I loved the silence.............. with all of its noise around me!

I told God, "I'm just gonna sit here and listen to You for a while, because it's usually me that's doing all the talking."

I sat.

And quickly decided easier said than done! That's hard to do. I've got a lot to say. And evidently, am always saying something to my Savior.

I tried.

But I think still that I did most of the talking.

But I also think... that He smiled at me anyway... and that He even thoroughly enjoyed my being there!

It reminded me of the song that I've not heard sung in so long..

"My God and I go in the fields together
We walk and talk as good friends should and do;
We clasp our hands, our voices ring with laughter;
My God and I walk through the meadow's hue....

He tells me of the years that went before me
When heavenly plans were made for me to be;
When all was but a dream of dim reflection;
To come to life, earth's verdant glory see....

My God and I will go for aye together,
We'll walk and talk as good friends should do;
This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly. 

Update: Today... was such a good day. After posting this blog I met my husband and kids for supper. (Mexican! Yum!) We came home and headed out to the pond to fish for a while. I first feed the turtles. Fun! And then, fished with my son and oldest daughter, my two dogs, and two of our neighbors. I didn't catch anything, though the others did. George even got caught once! I got stabbed by the fin of one of the catfish. Bled alot, but didn't care. And then later went walking all by myself when everyone had given out of gas and refused to come with me. It's been a very good day! And one spent basking in the joy of so much we've been given. I didn't do lots today that I should have and meant to. But I did other things though... that perhaps were even more needed that won't count on the accomplishments lists.... but sure feels good since I did them! The house isn't cleaner.. but my heart and my mind is! The windows aren't washed, but I can see clearer! The washed clothes didn't get put away, but things got put back into perspective. My list could go on, but I'll stop here..... and again, bask in the feel-good of the continuing grace and GOoDness of my Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment