Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dear Patsy...



Dear Patsy (from New Jersey),

You don't know me, but regardless, you happened across my page. You stopped long enough to read a few minutes. Then took the time to comment on something that was said, something that moved you, or encouraged you, or hit you some way some how. That was last night. But since reading what you wrote, I thought about you all day. Thankfully though, I did more than think, mostly while thinking... I prayed.

You said that you were in "a rough spot" right now. I know the feeling. Been there. Done that. Wore the t-shirt. Wallowed in it. Wailed in it. Sobbed buckets. And hated both life and myself. It didn't feel good. It didn't look good either.

A rough place.

Rough.

I'm a word looker-upper (a geek???), so I looked up the word.

Rough.... here is some of how rough is defined:
  • having a broken, uneven, or bumpy surface
  • difficult to travel through or to penetrate
  • turbulent, tempestuous
  • characterized by harshness, violence, or force
  • presenting a challenge: difficult
Ugh! Cause rough's hard. It's mean. Uncomfortable. And as the dictionary so visually defined it: Difficult! Turbulent! Challenging! Tempestuous! Broken! Uneven! Bumpy! Violent! Harsh!

I'm sorry, Patsy. I really am.

I'm sorry for your rough!

We're not promised a rose-garden in this life. Heaven waits ahead in the next one. We're warned, though, that troubles will come. But we're told to take heart! Because Jesus, our Savior, has overcome the world! (John 16:33)

I couldn't resist from posting some scripture here... just in case you come back to visit my page again. Like I said, I've been praying for you, reminding God of your rough, asking Him to help you in it, to help you through it, to grow you in it, and to magnify Him, to use it soon as a Display of His Splendor. And I will continue to pray.

May His words (much more than mine) encourage you that He wants to, and that if you let Him He will!

"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble" - Ps 9:9.

"The LORD hears thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defends thee" - Ps 20:1.

"Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help" - Ps 22:11.

"In You, O LORD, I have taken refuge.... Since You are my Rock and my Fortress, for the sake of Your name lead and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for You are my refuge... I will be glad and rejoice in Your love, for YOU SAW my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.... I trust in You, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in Your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me. Let Your face shine upon Your servant; save me in YOUR unfailing love..... Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD" - Ps 31.

"I will be glad and rejoice in Thy mercy: for Thou hast considereth my trouble; Thou hast known my soul in adversities;... Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am in trouble..." - Ps 31:7,9.

"You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance" - Ps 32:7.

"But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: He is their strength in the time of trouble. and the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him" - Ps 37:39-40.

"I sought the LORD, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; He saved him out of all his troubles" - Ps 34:4-6.

"Call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify Me" - Ps 50:15.

All of Psalm 107 is encouraging. For there is one scripture after another saying, "Then they [different 'they's for different reasons] cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress."

Jesus came to save!!!!!! That's why He's called Savior! No matter the tumult! No matter the rough! No matter the hard! No matter the distress! No matter the mean! No matter the hurt! We have a Savior that's bigger than any of it. And when we call on Him, cry out to Him, hurl ourselves at Him... He's always faithful, always catches us, always cares, always carries us, always ransoms, always heals, always restores, always redeems! Our job is to give it to Him, rest in His will, and submit to His ways, He'll do the rest. 

God bless you dear friend! You're on my mind and in my heart and in my prayers. But even more, your God loves you and cares for you more than I ever could... you're on His mind and in His heart, as well!

Loving you though we've never met...
May God show up loud and rock your world,
and totally bless your socks off!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment