Monday, February 8, 2010

Can you see me past the skin I'm in?

Lord, Let others see me past my skin. And let me see them past theirs. Help me to see others more than I see myself and love them no matter they package they're in.

I'm a girl with unique fingerprints and my own DNA. I'm one-of-a-kind to the Creator that made me. Other than that, I am no different than you. I'm skin.... that a heart lives in.

I feel. I hurt. I love. I fear. I laugh. I cry. I have joy. I have regrets...

It doesn't matter where I was born, what color I am, how rich, how poor, how I've been treated, how I've treated others, what gender I am, what language I speak, how tall, or short, how large, or how small, how dark, or how light, how young, or how old, how smart, or how dumb, how I dress or how I don't....

I want to be accepted just like you do. I don't want to be judged or rejected no more than you would. I don't want to be stepped on, used, spit on, ridiculed, persecuted, abused, degraded, or discarded just as you wouldn't....

I bleed red same as you do when hurt.

I am different. But I am no different than you. We're all skins that a heart beats in trying to make it in a sometimes very mean world. All skins aside, can you see my heart........

No comments:

Post a Comment