Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me... I WANT TO SEE!

Photobucket

"When He saw... He had compassion on them,
because they were harassed and helpless,
like sheep without a shepherd.
Then He said to His disciples,
"The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.
Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore,
to send out workers into His field."
Matt 9:36-38

"When He saw..."
  • Lord, I pray for eyes to see!!! For how can I see when I don't? How can I care for what I've overlooked? How can I have vision (and give hope for a future) for what I am blinded to? Whether by my own hurts, by my own (or their) looks, by something that's distracted and stolen my focus from them, by my anger, or my mad, or my mean, or my mood, or my selfish mode of thinking, by my envy eye of green, by jealousy or greed, or by my repulsion. Lord God, Son of David, don't pass me by, have mercy on me.... I WANT TO SEE! And then, give my eyes vision to see the pain of those in their hurt that I meet on my path with the same prayer as mine, the ones that plead as I do, "Savior, Savior, hear my humble cry... while on others Thou art calling, do not pass me by."

He had compassion on them,
  • Lord, give me Your compassion... for how will I stop to touch what I don't feel? How can I feel what I don't? How will I feel if You won't? Fill me with Your Spirit that fills. Then fill me with Your Spirit that feels! M-O-V-E me with Your passion that comes to do what begs to be done!

because they were harassed and helpless,
  • Lord, have mercy on me! Forgive me for all those that I have harassed in my lifetime, for the pain I've inflicted in a mean-spirited effort to make the one that I've hurt feel helpless! Forgive me for robbing my fellow traveler, and beating him then leaving him left for dead! How many cries have echoed from the wounded ones that were struck by my hand, my words, my look? Lord, I'm a sinner, have mercy on me! Touch the tongue of my lips with a coal that burns from Your fire. Bath me with hysop. Cover me in Your blood. HEAL ME! WASH ME! MAKE ME CLEAN! Then give me a heart with a passion that comes to wash the wounds of those hurting, the hands of the giving, the sins of the leper, and the feet of the senders. Make me to love MUCH, because I have been MUCH loved!

like sheep without a shepherd.
  • Lord, You are My Shepherd, I shall not want.... give me a burden for Your sheep! The ones that have wandered from Your fold, strayed from Your path, stumbled from Your road. The ones that are lost and can't find their way home. The ones that have fallen into a pit and can't lift themselves out.... Give me Your heart, Lord.... send ME out for the one!

Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His field."
  • Lord, turn to see Your fields of harvest.... SEND FORTH Your workers to labor and harvest in Your fields. Make me a worker. Mold me into the vessel You wish to ride in on... then send me out to wherever Your mercy needs to run!

Oh Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! I WANT TO SEE! Give me eyes to see as You do! Give me Your eyes, so I can see! It's in Your Name, Jesus, I pray... May Your will be done on earth as You will it in Heaven. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment