Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Boy, that was quick!


Christmas.

Always a favorite time of my year!

I know a lot of people that hate the whole season. It's a sad time for them. One that they'd rather do without. That grieves my spirit. I wish I could change it.

I love it though. I love everything about it. The giving is fun. The getting is too. But it's the family that I always love the most. Remembering the gift that our Father has given us. The Savior of His son!

Our Christmas was wonderful! The one we had at home, and the one at my parents. There are so many of us. And so many children. We had more food than we could possibly eat. And then sat and told stories and played games and laughed until the day was done and we had to go home. We are so mightily blessed! It couldn't have been more perfect. It came fast.... then flew quickly past! It's like water, something you wish you could hold in your hand, but drips right through because you can't stay it. That's okay. Perhaps that is part of its attraction? Part of its mystery? Part of why we're so enarmored with it? And maybe it's why that it's so fabulous, there's not much time to mess it up?

We've had loads of extra kids and lots of extra noise, and a house littered with their leftovers to prove it. It's been such fun! I'd rather have them here though than anywhere else. It's easier on the wonder (as in: The wonder of what? and the wonder of where? and then, the later wonder of why they got into and did whatever it is that they did when they've done something they shouldn't?).  ;-)

I've got a good husband, and the best three kids in the world! God is Good! And He's faithful! Whatever would we have done without the gift that He gave in the salvation of His Son?! I want to learn more about Him, to know Him more, to love Him more, and to become more like Him! He's the best thing that's ever happened for any of us!

I feel full! Not from the things I ate (though I did eat too much), nor the things that I got (because I've gotten so much), but because I've been so abundantly blessed by my Lord! My cup overflows! We have a family that loves Him.... that isn't perfect, but seeks to serve Him. Jesus once came to this earth fleshed in human skin, and I see Him again all over in the skins of those of my kin!

"Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, Who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." - John 1:12-14

Wow! DO WE KNOW how blessed we are???


No comments:

Post a Comment