Monday, November 2, 2009

It's the moment I've been waiting for...

Photobucket
It seems it's taken forever. It hasn't really. But once we finally start our engines rearing to go, we want to do just that: GO! We don't want to mess around. We don't want to wait. We're anxious. We're excited. And, too, we're often nervous in our excitement.


That's me! My knees are knocking. Hands are shaking. I've got that shivering inside going on. I'm not nervous because of where I'm going or who I'll meet there. I'm nervous because of the unknown. Not knowing what I'm doing. Not knowing what to expect. I'd be nervous going in to teach any new group of people in any place I haven't been before. Who am I kidding, I'm always nervous when I teach! Even when it's an old group, the same group, and even when I've been doing it a long time now.


My daughter texted me earlier, "Where are you going?" because she knew that I was getting ready. "To prison I hope," was my answer. An odd one for most, I'm sure. Perhaps an odd 'want' for most. But I have felt called to do this for so long, that I finally decided to pursue it more persistently for fear that if I didn't God would make sure I got into the prison.... and His way of doing it might not be the way that I'd prefer it. He can provide a whale, if you know what I mean,... to swallow me and take me to where He's told me to go if I refuse to on my own. If I refuse to walk "in" in obedience, then He can arrange it where He can get me "in" there and I might not be able to go in and out as I please. :)


So... I've just got the word that I'm officially 'on' tonight. All the paperwork's been completed, the training all finished, the criminal background check has been cleared, the okays have been made, and all is awaiting my arrival. I'm in a hurry so as not to be late... and have plans to pray my whole entire way......... Oh Lord, thank You for such opportunity!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment