Friday, November 20, 2009

No. Not one!

My yesterday's erupted feeling wanted to cry, "It's all TOO BIG, Lord, and so much all the time everywhere!"

But with each invasion of my thinking another thought immediately tagged along and quickly followed behind it, "But NOT for You, Lord! None, nothing, no-thing, not a whole lot of everything everywhere (even if all the time) is ever too big for You." And so, I was automatically comforted in my eruption of emotions.

"Is anything too hard for the Lord?" (Genesis 18:14).

Nope!

Not ever.

Not even this thing. Or that.

Not my thing. Or yours.

Not his thing. Or hers.

Not my needs. Or your needs. Or theirs.

"Nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37).

""I am the LORD, the God of all mankind, Is anything too hard for Me?"" (Jeremiah 32:26).

"Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor His ear too dull to hear" (Isaiah 59:1).

""Ah, Sovereign LORD, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for You"" (Jeremiah 32:17).


Is His arm too short to save?

Never ever, Lord, and what relief there is in that knowing.

The storms still rage in all the places that they did yesterday, but yet God has peaced and stilled my feelings in the midst of the winds. After all, He warned us that they'd come. He didn't just predict, but knew, that the winds would blow hard against our houses, in a forceful effort to huff and puff and blow our houses down, our faith, our hope, our comfort our confidence.

"I have told you these things, so that IN ME you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! [But take heart! BUT TAKE HEART! BUT TAKE HEART! I......] I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). He died to save. Still seeks to save. Still wants to save. Still delivers.
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment