Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thank FULL.... so Giving Thanks!


Photobucket
Are you thank full? To say it another way,  Is your thank-tank full?

Full of thanks?.... and so having to say it!

Are you thank full for what you've got? Or, complain full of what you don't?

Hmmm..... tis the season to GIVE thanks!

"Be joyful always. Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thes 5:16-18).

"Let the peace of God rule in your hearts... And be thankful [mindful of favors, grateful]. Let the word of Christ dwell in you... And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks [to be grateful, to feel thanks, give thanks] to God the Father through Him." Col 3:15-17; 4:2

Would you like to ask: What am I thank full for?
  • That my Father sent His Son... so I could be one!
  • That my Savior doesn't just save, but seeks to!
  • That my Redeemer is able and WILLING to redeem ANYTHING!
  • That my name is written in the Book of Life!
  • That a home is being prepared for me in Heaven.
  • That I can find comfort in knowing that God is in control even when I have none.
  • That the Creator of the whole Universe sees me!.... and LOVES me... and hears me when I cry!
  • That my Father knows what I need before I do (and even when I don't), but He still wants me to ask Him.
  • That as much as I want to hear His voice, He wants to hear mine!!!
  • For His Word!
  • For It's power!
  • For the One (Jesus) that became flesh and lived It out loud to show us how to!
  • For the Messiah that came.
  • For my Savior that died.
  • That God raised His Son alive again and that He also raised me!
  • For prayer.
  • For song.
  • For praise.
  • For wonder!
  • For awe!
  • For the thrill I find in my Lord!
  • For compassion.
  • For mercy.
  • For grace.
  • For forgiveness.
  • For His love that is unfailing and never fades!
  • For the with-ness of my God!
  • That my God remembers my sins no more.
  • For the clouds.
  • The sunrise.
  • A pretty sunset.
  • Rain.
  • Thunder.
  • Peace in a storm.
  • Conviction!
  • Godly sorrow.
  • A repentant heart.
  • My husband for loving me!
  • For 3 beautiful children!
  • My mom.
  • My dad.
  • My family.
  • My friends.... for old ones!... and my new!
  • When I see Jesus zipped in human skin!!!!!!
  • Love!
  • Joy!
  • Peace ~ the kind that surpasses all understanding!
  • A changed heart.
  • Silence!
  • When I hear God speak!
  • When His Word jumps off the page at me... blowing my mind and racing my heart with awe and wonder and a whoa-ed woe of the God Who not only spoke but still does!
  • Beauty.
  • Beauty from the ashes!
  • A ransomed, redeemed, and restored hurt.
  • Freedom!... and His Word that sets us free!
  • My home.
  • My bed!
  • Air-conditioning!
  • Food!
  • Beef jerky.
  • Pita chips :)
  • Mexican food!
  • Make-up!
  • Perfume.
  • Deoderant! :-/
  • Boots.
  • Bracelets! :)
  • Airports.... and all the chaos in them!
  • Airplanes.
  • Flying.
  • Windows in airplanes! Being able to look at the world from way up high... seeing little-bitty cars driving on winding roads, wondering who's in them, where they're going, and what they're thinking as they drive?
  • Flying through fluffy white clouds!
  • Mountains.
  • The ocean.... the beauty of the crashing waves, and it's sound!
  • Sand.... on the beach.
  • Kids!
  • Laughter!
  • Eyesight!
  • Hearing!
  • Legs that work!
  • Pain!
  • Moms.
  • Dads.
  • Conversation.
  • The smell of babies.
  • The softness of their skin.
  • Really old people.... and their beauty that they think has faded.
  • Smiles!
  • Dreams!
  • Nods of approval.
  • Encouragers!
  • Inspiration.
  • A hand-written card from someone.
  • Holidays at home!
  • Giving a gift and seeing someone open it.
  • Opening a gift someone gave me.
  • Doing something for someone without them knowing who did it.
  • Computers.
  • Blogs.
  • Email!
  • People!
  • New sheets!
  • Christmas decorations.
  • The Christmas cheer... the songs... the craziness.... the smell.... the weather.... jingle bells.
  • Hot apple cider.
  • Winter!
  • Sweaters.
  • Dogs.... especially mine.
  • Prissy's fashion!
  • Sabrina's paint!
  • Tabor's grin!
  • How SWEET those three are!
  • Tim's tenderness, his touch, his compassion, his patience with me. :)
  • Sisters!
  • Brothers!
  • Tears!
  • Hearts that must share.
  • Books.
  • Real life stories. Testimonies. Inspirations to want to live by.
  • Seeing someone's passion about something, their shared enthusiam.
  • Weddings.
  • The sweetness (even in the sad) at funerals.
  • The wind.
  • Deep conversations.
  • Memories.
  • The honesty of kids.
  • Acceptance.
  • Unconditional love.
  • Love that's unfailing.
  • Six news girls I've met in prison! Their hearts! Their sincerity! The Jesus in them... and their want to know more of their Lord!
  • Aww!  Nancy Blount.... who's no longer Nancy Blount, but now Nancy McCain, aka Nancy MacLeod... a lady who has blessed me MUCH!!!
  • Bridget! Julie! Jeannie! Paris! Wanda!
  • Buck! Tommy! Jennifer! Michelle! John! Jon! Mikayla!!! Alyssa!
  • The Adullam babies!
  • Teachers!
  • The lessons people have taught me!
No, I am NOT finished... There's so much more! There's so much to be thankful for! My list could go on for eternity. If all were listed there would be no end!

No comments:

Post a Comment