Monday, March 5, 2012

Wooo... there was a fire in the prison tonight!

.
"They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while He talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"


Wooo! I hope you read that Scripture with passion, because, woo, every heart there in the prison tonight had a fire burning inside them as we heard Jesus talk! Our blazed hearts were aflame with fired-up renewed passion as He spoke to us! I mean, we burned with wonder as He opened the Scriptures! It's a wonder the fire trucks weren't alerted. It was so obvious that even the officers found it contagious! Their eyes were glued with spell-bound wonder, in a way I've never seen them before, as we opened the Scriptures and basked in our Savior!


The Bread. The Wine. The Living Water.


We had a feast! And it tasted GOoD!


I love God's fire! I cannot even begin to tell you of the fun we had! One girl told me that you have to open a half-way house before I get out, because it'd never be boring if you did! We laughed til our sides hurt. But mostly, we were awed and thrilled by God and the things that He said in His Word! 


It was real. Serious. Raw. But healing. I can honestly say that God's Word brought with it His salving balm! He transformed! He convicted! Our wonder of Him made us all want to be different, to be changed, to be made well, to be transformed into His likeness!


I was already filled to spill when I went in. But oh my, on my way home in my truck, I was fuller still and gushed with enamoring awe all over my Lord.


Oh, the fired that burned! Oh, the fire within! Oh, to be continually filled with such fire! Fan our flames, Lord! Speak to us.... and open our eyes to see and our ears to hear! FIRE us up!!!... and may we spread Your fire all around as we walk this earth!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment