Thursday, March 29, 2012

If the two "me"s could talk!

.
I got an email from a friend. She wrote: 


 "Never in my life have i been more excited about what I "do." ....... If you were to take May 20, 2004 and compare it to May 20, 2010, I would say that a huge change has taken place. When I look at myself in the mirror now, I still haven't acomplished many of the same things that I wanted to then. Yet, my whole life is different. Even what I want and why I want it is different. That is ecouraging." 


Isn't it amazing how different we can become because of Jesus!!! If the two "me"s (the one that I "Was" and the one that I'm "Becoming") could stand facing each other today to talk I cannot even image what we would have to say to one another. Could they even relate enough to carry on a conversation? What would the Becoming say to the Was? Would Was even stand there to listen to Becoming? Would Is barge in? Could Becoming convince Was that Was didn't have to stay there where Was was? Would Was shake her head in sorrow to dare to even dream to become Become? Could Become see past the place where Was was, or would she be too repulsed at where Was was to hear her? Would Was even find an appealing interest in Becoming at all?.... ONLY God can take a Was to become the Becoming He'd hoped and planned for her!!!!!!!! Oh my, there would be NO hope without Him! 


I don't have to think hard for my Is to remember my Was once standing and staring at myself in my bathroom mirror and asking the face that stared back at her: "Who are you? I don't even know who you are! And I don't like you at all!"


I remember getting an invitation to my 25th year high school reunion. I wrote to a friend then, "Twenty five years??????????? Can you even imagine the life that's gone on in between all those years on that time-line??? Who was that girl anyway 25 years ago? I don't know if I would recognize her? Well, maybe her laugh, but she would have never guessed who she'd be, who she'd become, what she'd do, where she'd go. You never could have told her then."


I also remember crying buckets after reading the invitation. I cried over the where-I-had-been years since I'd left there... and the I-would-never things that I had done and places I had never thought I'd go...... all in an effort of looking for life and love in all the wrong places. 


Man, at how far Christ has brought me! I do hate all the wasted time, the time I lived in vain, all the time that I chose to focus my eyes on another attraction, yet all the while sacrificing so much for a miraged attraction that never would produce what it so falsely offered. I've a long way to go..... but I'm further than I used to be! I like my Is better than my Was... and I have even greater hopes for my Becoming because of the improvement between my Is compared to what I once Was! 


It's as the song sings: He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be. It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars..... 


Thankfully we have a God Who Is, Who Was, and Who Is To Come! And thankfully, He can handle me in all of my times! Just as long as He's working.... Oh Lord, thank You for taking Was-es and Is-es and transforming them to Is-Becoming-s and making them each day to look more like Your image!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment