Monday, September 12, 2011

The countdown draws closer

.
As silly as this sounds..... and as excited as I've been.... now, as the countdown begins..... I'M SCA-ARRRED!!! 


I'm dressed. I'm ready. I'm early. I've got my clothes packed for a quick change after exercise class in order to go straight (stinky, sweaty, melted and all) from there to teaching Bible. I'm prayed up. For them. For me. For the instructors. For the officers. For the warden. For everyone in proximity. And now... I'm thinking...... .............. ......... ............... ............ ...... WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING ATTEMPTING TO play a part and participate with them??????????? I don't DO exercise! I've not exercised in..... what???.... how many years (if EVA!)??? And here I am trying to start out cold-turkey in a Zumba class? Okay, with prisoners, who maybe have never exercised either.... BUT STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is my pride???? (And I know exactly where my pride is.... my vanity is hollering: "STOP HER!!!!!")


Oh no! Somebody hide me!


This sure oughta be fun. I'm sure I'll be soaring upon my hobbling exit. I'm sure I'll leave as high as a kite just as I left prison last night. But for the moment, fear grips me...............................


Dun...dun...dun... dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!


Okay... all that.... and even while shaking, I'm grinning......
.



No comments:

Post a Comment