Saturday, January 1, 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory ~ 2011

I am hoping to join the Siesta Scripture Memory Team with the Living Proof Girls for 2011 this year (see here LPM). I failed to find out about the adventure until really late into the season the last time this sweet challenge was put on. But I dare not want to miss out on the journey this time around.

I am so anxious to see what God's got planned for me. I am anticipating the verses that He will weigh on my heart to memorize for this year's journey each month. I don't doubt the chosen scriptures will have its own reasons! Planned in advanced and purposed precisely for what now only God knows.

Oh Lord, show me more of You this year! I want to be even more smitten by my Savior. More mesmerized by my Messiah. More whoa-ed daily with wonder by the Glory of my God. More overwhelmed and awed by overwhelmization and awesomenesses! His grace and His goodness constantly amaze me! Continually amazed me more! How I love You, Jesus... may I seek to serve You as my Savior. And may I live to praise You, Lord, and live to declare Your Glory and live to be the display of Your Splendor! Only by the power of Your Spirit may I honor You, Lord!

I don't know what this year will bring... or even if my God has plans for me to live through until the end of it or not ("In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps" ~ Prov 16:9).... but if He wills, I hope to fill these dates up with verses as this year plays out.

"And God said, "Let there be light," and there was....."  :)


2011

Jan 1 ~ “You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had past, ” ~ Ps 139:16 (NLT)

Jan 15 ~ "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~ Jer 29:11 (NLT)

Feb 1 ~ "But as Scripture says: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love Him." ~ 1 Cor 2:9 (God's Word Translation)

Feb 15 ~ "For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." ~ Eph 2:10.

Mar 1 ~ "From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and HE determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us." ~ Acts 17:26-27

Mar 15 - Dec 15 ~ 
   "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings. 
   Consider it pure joy, my brethren, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 
   If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. 
   The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business. 
   Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those that love Him. 
   When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
   Don't be deceived,  my brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all He created.
   My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
   Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what is says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, nor forgetting what he has heard, but doing it - he will be blessed in what he does.
   If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." 
~ James 1
.

2 comments:

  1. I did NOT get the LPM notebook? Did you ??? Thought about it!!! However, I DO have me a spiral notecard that is just waitin' to be FILLED !! And with what better letters? Words? Sentences? Than THE WORD !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, sweet friend you do have the Siesta Spiral!!! :)

    I'm so excited! That was fun!

    ReplyDelete