Saturday, November 20, 2010

Your will, Lord! Not mine.

Sometimes things are too big to be said. I find that to be true quite often. Some feelings are too huge to contain and press to conform to a word that won't hold it. Today, precious Lord, hear my heart. Read my thoughts. Know my wants, my desires, my dreams, my wonders. Make me into all You created and made and planned and purposed and willed me to be. Not one smidget less, Lord. I need You every step of my way. On this road, on this journey, light my path. Guide and direct and lead me each moment. Give me vision when I lose my sight. Give me want-to when my want-to wavers for less. Give me conviction when evil or the enemy tempts. Give me courage when I shy away with fear. Give me boldness when timidity threats. Give me direction when confusion baffles. Give me focus when distraction hopes to steal it. Give me determination when the journey gets long. Give me discernment when I need to know. Give me steadfastness when it's hard to stay steady. Give me strength when I grow weak. Give me eyes to see those in need. Give me ears to hear the heart that bleeds. Give me hands to reach all those You put in my path. Give me a compassion that can't pass by but has to help. Give me a craving, a hunger and thirst, for You above anything! Continually and constantly give me more of Your Spirit... more of Your Word... more of Your character.... grow me ever more like You... may I do as You would have me to do! May I be ever about My Father's business! Your will and not mine! May You remind me when I fail You! I thank You for never failing me.

Thank You for Your hand that always upholds and helps me. Thank for always going with and promising never to forsake me.

"For God Himself said, I will not in any way, fail you nor give you up, nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down [relax My hold on you! Assuredly not!]." (Heb 13:5b AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment