Saturday, November 6, 2010

My heart swoons at His voice...

I LOVE the wonder of God's Word!!! I love Him speaking... showing... revealing... enlightening... giving new insight... more correction... more direction... more clarity! I love what His Word does! How it compels us... moves us... heals us... mends us... equips us... empowers us... fills us.... makes us feel.... burns within us!... and makes us yearn for more!!

There is no-thang that compares with the Holy Breath of God's Word!

IF His Word had not been my delight... I would have perished in my affliction (Ps 119:92)!

‎"When Your Words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear Your Name, LORD God Almighty" - Jer 15:16.

As King James puts it, "Thy Words were found, and I did eat them; and Thy Word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by Thy Name, O LORD God of Hosts."

Woe... what a scripture! And how it speaks my heart's feeling! For indeed, I have eaten and continue to eat the Words that my Savior has spoken and still speaks to me... They are my joy (my gladness) and the rejoicing (the gaiety, the pleasure, the happy) of my heart! They are my heart's delight! What a wonder to be called by and bear the Name of the LORD God Almighty.. the LORD God of Hosts!

"Did eat"..... It's a Hebrew word that means exactly that: to eat. It is further defined as: to devour, to feed upon, to be consumed with. The hunger within me compels me, I must eat! I cannot help and cannot wait to devour it... to feed upon it... to be consumed with it! May His Word burn up and consume everything else that is not of Him within me! I must eat... or I will waste away to nothing and be wretched!

I LOVE the wonder... and the unadulterated purest thrill... of God's Word! Thank You, Lord Jesus, that You came (the Word wrapped in flesh) upon this earth... and that You still come... and still speak! These are not mere words to me... Your Words are Life!... and Life in abundance and to the FULL!

No comments:

Post a Comment