Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Inquiring minds want to know...

I love how we're told in scripture of this person or that "inquiring of the Lord" and asking Him what they should do. I love even more how God was so quick and faithful to answer. And how He made no bones about it, but simply spoke truth.

He promises in James that if any of us lacks wisdom in a matter, we should ask Him who gives generously to all without finding fault when asked. He states that if we ask Him He'll give it (Jam 1:5).

"But, when he asks," He goes on to say, "he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man..." God wants you to believe Him once He's answered!

It's sometimes sad how quickly we will KNOW that God has just given us an answer. We felt it! It was a knowing-knowing! And then, I few minutes later, we begin to doubt that He is the One that has said it. That, my dear friend, is our enemy pulling his age-old subtle craftiness out that he's been doing since Genesis 3 in the very beginning... whispering his same song to us that he sang in the ear of Eve in the Garden of Eden, "Did God really say...?"!

No wonder, God hates when we doubt Him! Because when we don't believe what He's said, we then have chosen instead to believe the voice of satan!

Back to "inquiring minds that want to know"...... I have an inquiry! I need some wisdom!

Not wanting to step on any toes or hurt anyone's feelings, I thought about leaving everything well enough alone. And then I thought, if I don't say something then I am not standing up for my girls. I am not warring for the ones that God has given me. I was at a query of not knowing what to do. I've decided to go to my God, our Father, my Jesus, our Savior to ask His advice. To ask what I should do. And when I do... rest in the knowing that I'll know, because I trust and know He will tell me!

What comfort! What a great God that we serve!

This is no profound blogpost. Nothing new that we don't know. Yet, how often do we try to figure out things for ourselves, or discuss them with others for their opinions without initially just taking it and laying it out before the Lord inquring from Him His answer? It's just a reminder, that's all, to remember Who it is that we're to be asking. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment