Monday, September 27, 2010

The smartest "yes" I've ever said!


What does love look like?

I've learned that love isn't always pleasant, always pleasing, always fun. Love's sometimes hard. Really hard. Really, really hard. But love sticks even when the sticking doesn't feel like staying stuck... until the sticking stuck feels good again!

Today I am celebrating 25 years of stuckness with the man I said "I do" to and I'm loving that I did! Next to saying "yes" to Jesus, he's the smartest "yes" I've ever said! He's shown me love. Real love. The love that is patient and kind and doesn’t keep record of wrongs, that isn’t self-seeking, that always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres, and doesn’t (no matter what) ever fail.

How can I thank my man and my God enough for the blessing from that man of mine, because of the God that helps? I love him more today than I’ve ever loved him before. He is my rock in human skin. Solid. Strong. Sensitive. Sincere. Unwavering. He’s a man that doesn’t give up! He works hard. And constantly persists… even in the hardest of times! He’s the tenderest thing I know, and I love him for every tear of tenderness he sheds.


The question was: What does love look like?


Today, because of him, I know what love looks like. It's a picture of me and my man!


I love you, Tim Lee!
Next to Jesus, you're the smartest thing I ever did!





Click here to read another blog about my man: he's ten feet tall

1 comment: