Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ping!.... Ping!...... Ping Ping Ping!




I've finally figured out how my mind works, and though I hate to admit it, the pinball machine visualizes it perfectly! A thought will pop into my head and my mouth starts talking about what it was thinking..... then, my mind pings from off that thought on to another one...... then, to another, and another, and another and another and another..... from one end of the spectrum to the other in only a matter of seconds. It's hard to keep up! And it's LOST very easily! Much too quickly! I'll be talking ninety-to-nothing, very animated and into what I'm saying, chasing one flittering thought after another, rabbit chasing every time one appears, and then............................................. the mind goes BLANK! The screen turns BLACK! The thought has escaped me! Ran. Left. Took off. Leaving my thinking to be NOTHING! NADA! ZILCH! CLEAR! ABSENT! SILENT!... A DEAFENING QUIET!

"What was I saying?"

I'll totally forget even the subject I'm on. It's like it drops into the hole and the ball is lost. And no amout of trying is able to retrieve it. But though that thought is lost forever, just pull my lever and give me a minute and I'm onto another thought in only a matter of seconds and pinging all across the page again with a whole new game full of thinking!

It makes for a very tired head!

I'll share my latest example with you:

Yesterday I was telling Prissy something that ended up being quite long with me pinging everywhere except stayed on the subject. Finally, when I was finished she said, "But what was your point, you never got to it?" I told her, yes, I did; and reminded her what the point was that I finished with. And she said, "No. That was the point of the point inside some point inside a point of another point that you were making. But, I know for sure that that wasn't your original point."

I laughed hysterically and told her, "Well, I'm so sorry then. It's forever lost now. I pinged past my point so many pings ago that there's no hope for retrieving it now." :)

I told her I think that'll be our new explanation when we lose something. That we simply "pinged past our point too many pings ago and now it's pingfully lost forever."

Boy though, after watching and listening to that video above, I think it's showing me that each new loud ping from each new flitter can very quickly become very disturbingly frustrating and tremendously annoying to the one that happens to be listening!

Ugh!

So sorry!

What can I say? I'm a flitterer. A pinger. And I can't keep up with my own head. It pings and flits whether I want it to or not. Sadly, you know the verse in 1 Peter 1:13 that says, "Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind,".... another version, "brace up your mind"...... you cannot even begin to know how many times I've asked God to just put both of His hands on either side of my face and HOLD my focus and fasten it to Him to keep me from becoming so quickly distracted. Shoo... all I can say is, that surely I'm a hard cookie to keep up with! No one knows how hard it is for me to write two sentences that correlate to one another. And then to add a third one that follows?? Woe, that's totally proof that God can do the miraculous and use the foolish things of the world to confound the wise!

Okay. Sorry for the interruption. You can go back to whatever it was that you were doing before I pinged and flitted somehow in your world. I just got so excited when I came up with the visual for my thinking that I couldn't help but share it with someone. :)

It's an embarrassing description, but nonetheless, perfectly fitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment