Friday, February 4, 2011

DON'T eat that! It's expired.

.
I was at the office. By myself. Hungry! You'd have thought I was starving. Without any groceries left around here, I was searching the kitchen for something. It was in the very moment that I was about to give up that I spotted the bread. 'Oh. Okay, I'll eat a slice of that.' It was while I was twisting the twister off of the plastic that I saw the expiration date. It had expired 3 days ago.

'Nah! I don't want to eat that. It's expired!'

It's when I said that to myself that I thought of how often we eat expired things. We drag up an old hurt, an old feeling, an old happening, an old offense, an old wound, an old mad, an old desire..... and though it's expired, we too quickly and too often put it into our mouths and eat it again. Spewing and spitting it out on all of the people around us because of the yucky and sick feeling it's giving us.

Living in your past is not beneficial to your present nor healthy for your future!

In other words:

No! DONT eat that! That expired a long time ago, it'll make you sick!

Your time has run out! Quit living in an old yesterday. Quit letting it haunt or infury or control or ruin you. It's not worth it. On some things, we need to move on!

I think we need to start being issued tickets when STAYED too long in a STUCK! A lot of us could use the warning: Do NOT park here! Quit feeding the meter! How long do you plan on not moving? How much are you going to let it cost you? Your time's expired! Life is too short! There's too much you'll be missing. You're no longer allowed to park!

When rescued by the angel trying to get Lot and his wife out of Sodom and Gomorrah before it's destruction, the angel issued the warning, "Flee for your lives! Don't look back, and don't stop anywhere on the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away" ~ Gen 19:17. Sadly, Mrs. Lot didn't heed to the warning. She looked back and was frozen forever in the place where she did, never to move to the mountains (and freedom!) beyond it.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment