Monday, August 15, 2011

I had a dream...

.
I had a dream last night...

I was at home. I was busy about doing whatever it is that I'm usually busy-about-doing when my doorbell rang. Upon opening the door I saw that it was one of my recently released prison girls that I had picked up and spent some time on the outside with standing outside with a male friend. I quickly realized that they hadn't come for a friendly visit. They roughly began waving the two guns that they'd drawn while pushing me back inside. They had come for whatever it is that they could find inside to take with them when they left.

The weird thing about it was that (in my dream) the guy was going to kill me. I turned to the girl that I'd come to love and done so much for and laughed while saying, "You're kidding, right?" 

At first I was too stunned to grasp the concept of what was actually happening. 

She responded with, "No." They were not kidding at all.

And again I said, "Really?"

To which she nodded and answered, "Really!"

I turned to her then to see her seriousness and while holding a finger up (as in a motion to  say "wait a minute") I said in the sweetest, calmest voice and a heart that had been flooded with peace, "Can I write a quick note first... to leave for my children?"

Stunned by what I'd said, they gave me permission.

Grabbing a sheet of paper and a pen I saw myself write, "My time is done. Now it's your turn. LOVE those girls... and care for them. They need you!"

And I meant it. I knew they'd need them. And in my dream, I knew that my death would be the vehicle that God was planning to use to endear my children to them so that every jailed prisoner there could hear Him.

Believe it or not, I woke with a smile.... for in my dream I knew my calling, and I knew that God knows when I'm finished and my calling's done. My life is in my Father's hand, not in the hands of any human. I'll be finished when I am, and not a second before then. And yeah, I hope my kids pick up the baton and continue what God's given my heart to do...... but only if He's given them to do that calling too.

I must admit that I was a bit surprised that I didn't write on the page how much I loved them. But then again, I know that they already know, for I don't waste a minute, I remind them a zillion times each day. The critical reminder of the moment was that God was in control and I wanted them to allow Him to not let the happening be in vain, but to redeem and use every bit of it. For what man intends for evil, God always intends to use for good! There's not a thing that man can do that God cannot redeem and bring great good out of! Is anything too hard for the Lord? Is His arm ever too short to save? :)

I LOVE the wonder of Him!... and also His plan... even when we don't understand it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment