Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Do not pass me by"

I’ve been praying a lot lately for God to pour HIS love into me. To fill me so full to overflowing, that I might pour it out and into others.  It’s my constant plea.  I say it to Him over and over and over again in my prayers!  I want it! I want it! I want it!

I know that I can’t love the way I need to love with my love and not His.  I need God’s love to love like Him!  He has to give it to me and fill me with it.  He IS Love. He is the source for Love.  He is the fountain of Love. I am asking Him for a filling, so that I can fill!

I ask Him, too, to open my eyes to see, to open my ears to hear, to see and hear the one in need! Make my heart to ache, and with an ache so strong inside that it’s pulled to ‘do’ - to help the one who needs helping! To tend to the one who cries! Even if his tears are shed by meanness and hatred or ugly words or a flipped finger! I ask Jesus to give me a heart, HIS heart(!), a heart that stops to help the man robbed and left on the side of the road for dead.  I ask Him constantly lately:  “make me a Good Samaritan, Lord! Make me into one! Don’t let me pass them by! On my way to study … on my way to hear ‘a word’ from You – a desperately wanted and needed and desired word! – still then, especially then, don’t let me pass him by!

I think of the song:  “Savior, Savior, hear my humble cry.  While on others Thou art calling, do not pass me by.”

I’ve sang the words of the song myself to Him with the urgency inside my soul pleading its every word! He knows the plea I have in the words to that song that I sing! I mean every word when I sing it! I pray it! “But, now, dare not let me, Lord, pass on by the one that is praying those words that I come to in the path of my journey – that one in the midst of my road that’s looking for a Savior to save them – and You sending me ‘by’ to see them – my “calling” at the moment being to help them!  Do NOT let me pass by them by!

Horrors at the times that I have been blind and have been guilty!

No comments:

Post a Comment