Thursday, September 15, 2011

So here's what I want you to do...

.
Romans 12:1-3,

"So here's what I want you to do,
God helping you:
Take your everyday, ordinary life
- your sleeping, eating, going-to-work and walking-around life-
and place it before God as an offering.
Embracing what God does for you
is the best thing 
you can do for Him.
Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.
Instead
 fix your attention on God.
You'll be changed
from the inside you.
Readily recognize what He wants from you,
and quickly respond to it.
Unlike the culture around you,
always dragging you down to its level of immaturity,
God brings the best out of you,
develops well-formed maturity in you.
I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me,
and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you.
Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace,
it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who
are bringing this goodness to God.
No, 
God brings it all to you.
The only accurate way to understand ourselves
is by what God is
and by what He does for us,
not by what we are
and what we do for Him."
(The Message)


I love the old way that I am used to of seeing these Scriptures (in the NIV version)... but today, I was blessed by seeing them afresh in a new way.

I was blessed too by the way the New Living Translation put half of the second verse, "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think."


Again, "FIX YOUR ATTENTION ON GOD"... and "YOU'LL BE CHANGED from the inside you."

"So," as the writer writes, "here's what I want you to do...".(I love that line!).... simply give your everything to Jesus... and let Him, the Son of God, transform you!

It sounds so simple. And, the thing of it is, it is(!)... but only when we simply just do just as He's said! Hey, "FIX YOUR ATTENTION".... and the rest is up to Him! :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment