Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Inquiring minds want to know...

.
I was thinking this morning.... Here is my question, my query, my ponder, my wonder: Who is it that really asks the questions? Is it me? Or maybe, just maybe, could it be, I wonder,.. could it be Somebody else?

Here's why I'm asking...


God so often asked questions to those we read of in the Bible. He asked it to those in sin, to those in hiding, to those running away from home, to those in distress, to those in trouble, to those in despair, to those in doubt, to those being tempted, to those being critiqued, to those in tears,... etc.

For example:

  • "Where are you?"
  • "What is this you have done?"
  • "Why are you angry? Why has your countenance fallen?"
  • "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and don't do what I say?"
  • "Where have you come from? And where are going?"
  • "Why are you troubled?"
  • "What do you want?"
  • "Do you want to get well?"
  • "Why are you crying?"
  • "Who is it that you are looking for?"
  • "Why do you doubt?"
  • "Why are you fearful?"
  • "Do you believe that I am able to do this?"
  • "Is My arm too short to save?"
  • "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

I am curious today about our questions to Him. When we ask God a question, is it really us that has asked it, or is it God that has put the question inside our hearts and minds to ask Him?? Has He given us the question to ask because He knows our need and our wants, and He knows that we have need for Him to answer it?

Even though (with those questions) some times (many times!) we feel the answers seem a long time in coming, He still says, "Seek, and you will find." "Ask, and you will receive." .... My wonder today is 'who/Who' is really doing the asking? And with that Who, no doubt it is His desire to give us the answer? Or to at least give us His peace in just knowing He knows even when we don't... and knowing He cares even when we don't like what is (or isn't) going on around us? 

Hmmm... today I have a whole new vision of our asking God questions... especially the hard ones that are so raw and real and gut-retching that cries our heart's hurts and our heart's bleeds and our life's disappointments.

I wonder (as I ask this question today) if HE is really the One that gave it to me to ask Him? :)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment